Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL

Admittedly, I'm confused by Doherty. He isn't quick, he hasn't got bundles of energy and he doesn't work the entire right hand side like wing backs do. To me, he looks like an orthodox full-back but everyone calls him a wing-back. He does have some nice touches and his passing is normally pretty decent. Clearly his heading is a strength.

I watched Aarons yesterday. Pace, stamina and touch beyond what we have seen this season in a Spurs shirt. Obviously, not the level of opposition we play against but still looks a class act. Saying that, the thought of Jose selecting a 20 year old over a 29 year old. I'm being stupid again :-)
Jose wont have small full backs.

Still, an entertains game, better play from us but as Jose said afterwards we still need to do better....I’m thinking he is thinking of the ND role...he should be the guy that we play through a lot more but he is rarely in the right position to do that...he just disappears for great chunks of the game and is one of the reasons we are not solid in MF..

Anyway, good result and improved overall performance.

Don't think he was thinkning about one player, possession wise they gave us a footballing lesson, but we gave them one on finishing and defending, we did better, but against a better team, I suspect we'd have conceeded a hat full by sitting on our 18 yard box for so much of the game.

We won, but I wasn't heartend by our play at all.

Don't think he was thinkning about one player, possession wise they gave us a footballing lesson, but we gave them one on finishing and defending, we did better, but against a better team, I suspect we'd have conceeded a hat full by sitting on our 18 yard box for so much of the game.

We won, but I wasn't heartend by our play at all.
Never mind EX...baby steps...

Playing a every game in a very long season , Joining a club with a different setup .
Having no pre season to adjust .
Moving home .,
Losing all the safety and comfort areas that the pandemic demands .

Why dont we give him a chance .
I don’t see Gareth Bale getting the same
treatment .

I only saw the highlights. From what I saw , neither of those two tackles , combined , deserved a red .
We have seen far worse . against us ,,go relatively unpunished .
Compare that to Luke Shaw , is what I’m on about .

Why is it we play well , get a clean sheet,,three points , yet we have to find someone ,,something , to pillory.

Let’s pick apart the transfer , comment on how other managers are so smart , decide what fools we have in charge .

The same people that arranged the transfer of Doherty, arranged the transfer of Hojbjerg .

I don’t see us commenting on Southampton’s proactive thinking there , or us NOT sitting and waiting to eradicate a weakness in that instance .

Let’s just find something else . Some little chink ,
He is having a hard time . Let’s jump on his back .
Criticise the club along the way .

Winds me up . Can you tell .

Yes , I was as guilty against Sissoko I know . I was wrong then ...... which I admit .
Walt, only just read your post, words out of mouth come to mind, all very bloody true, well said that man.