Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL

Much, much better. Leeds started so much better than us in the first half but we rode it well. Big win for me and a clean sheet against this Leeds team is no mean feat.

BUT the way Leeds play does play into Jose's tactical approach. Its against the more cautious, defensive teams we need to show we can create more chances, control the midfield and hold on to leads.

Moira has turn from my UCL hero worthy of building a statue at WHL to a clown running down blind alleys. If Alli is grounded for flicks and tricks...Moura should be shredded to pieces.
Moura shouldn't be playing down the middle in my opinion. He runs about like a headless chicken and just inevitably losses the ball. Put him on the wing and tell him to stick to there and he might be able to be moulded into a smarter player. His competition should be with Son and Bergwijn. Would have preferred Dele to play in the middle.

Moura shouldn't be playing down the middle in my opinion. He runs about like a headless chicken and just inevitably losses the ball. Put him on the wing and tell him to stick to there and he might be able to be moulded into a smarter player. His competition should be with Son and Bergwijn. Would have preferred Dele to play in the middle.

Alli gives the ball away too but in a different way, swings, and roundabouts.

Still, an entertains game, better play from us but as Jose said afterwards we still need to do better....I’m thinking he is thinking of the ND role...he should be the guy that we play through a lot more but he is rarely in the right position to do that...he just disappears for great chunks of the game and is one of the reasons we are not solid in MF..

Anyway, good result and improved overall performance.

Our defence held up well and it had to the way Leeds play. But that same play leaves Leeds so exposed to the counter. They played right into our hands. Son and Kane had too much class. Our MF was let down by Ndombele who flits in and out of the game. Some flashy bits but Winks and Hojbjerg carried him. Doherty was our worst player again. Davies played well I thought.

Our defence held up well and it had to the way Leeds play. But that same play leaves Leeds so exposed to the counter. They played right into our hands. Son and Kane had too much class. Our MF was let down by Ndombele who flits in and out of the game. Some flashy bits but Winks and Hojbjerg carried him. Doherty was our worst player again. Davies played well I thought.
Didn't a certain Poch team play similar, no plan B I seem to remember, lol!

Jose must be well pissed with Aurier to keep playing the useless Doherty, who gives it away constantly. Davies keeps mis placing his passes. Winks anonymous. We need Sissoko's pace in that midfield.Ndombele out of the game too often, he was out on his feet again. Hoj was my fave today.

Who else wishes we'd never sold Trippier. Jose could probably have coached him on how to defend.
He was also descending into a bungling right back when we sold him. I was ok with the amount we got for him. But what the scouts saw in Aurier would probably fill a mystery novel. From a bungling Trippier, we got a mad man Aurier coupled with an equally bungling Sanchez. Oh well, the rest was history as they say.