Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL | Vital Football

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Leeds Utd PL

muttley

Alert Team
Must admit, looking forward to this one. Lots of great history and shared players between our 2 clubs so great to be playing them again at the highest level.

Can Jose get us back to play more on the front foot?

Shitting it about this one. It could be anything. One thing is for sure they will attack attack attack.
There will be plenty of space to exploit but they can damage us too.

I'm actually quite confident about this game and that is in no way an insult to Leeds,they are a fine team. I just think we will edge it. Should be a cracking game.Cant wait. C.O.Y.S.

If we sit back I may cry:cry:.

We will definitely sit back, Jose will let Leeds have the ball, try to pinch it off them and break on them. To be fair, it will probably work very well against them the way the set up (very open when they lose the ball) which they frequently do with the quick passing style. The frequently have players out of position and rely on scrambling to get back. The kind of high risk football that Jose loves to play against.

I think with the tempo that we play at we will have to defend the 6 yard line...will add so much depth to the defence.

I don't know...this one could be rough. But Leeds does attack relentlessly...maybe they will fall into our counter trap?

Must admit, looking forward to this one. Lots of great history and shared players between our 2 clubs so great to be playing them again at the highest level.

Can Jose get us back to play more on the front foot?

They'll need to show Jose and us that they can pass accurately before that happens.

Our attack is not as strong as it could be. Bale, Moura, Vinnie and Loco out. Lamela and Ndomble probably not capable of 90 minutes. Dele possibly out the door. Kane and Son hopefully raring to go. Bergwijn hit and miss.
I cant see any option other than to defend.

Our attack is not as strong as it could be. Bale, Moura, Vinnie and Loco out. Lamela and Ndomble probably not capable of 90 minutes. Dele possibly out the door. Kane and Son hopefully raring to go. Bergwijn hit and miss.
I cant see any option other than to defend.
Agree that absentees limit our options and I am a tad concerned about Kane being kept awake from the new addition to the family. Though Kane has been non-existent of late and that the impending birth may have impacted him?

From Sky:

"Tottenham should have Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius back after they missed last week's game with Wolves. The pair were also due to miss the match with Fulham "

Former runs about a lot and latter unlikely to be used. So, a no news as far as I am concerned.

From Sky:

"Tottenham should have Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius back after they missed last week's game with Wolves. The pair were also due to miss the match with Fulham "

Former runs about a lot and latter unlikely to be used. So, a no news as far as I am concerned.

If Moura is back , I'm pleased. I dont see only negatives in his play.

From Sky:

Will probably mean that Dele misses out altogether.

If Moura is back , I'm pleased. I dont see only negatives in his play.
Not sure what positives you have seen this season Nick. If I am honest, I have seen more positives from Dele considering the limited game time than what Moura has added to our play. After hitting his peak in CL semi, it's been downhill since. May be it's down to Jose's style, but but he's one of the regularly used subs. Worries me about our depth.

Not sure what positives you have seen this season Nick. If I am honest, I have seen more positives from Dele considering the limited game time than what Moura has added to our play. After hitting his peak in CL semi, it's been downhill since. May be it's down to Jose's style, but but he's one of the regularly used subs. Worries me about our depth.

It's true he has not impressed much but he has pace, some touch and tenacity. I have seen him gain possession by interceptions. He is better in the air than he should be.

Moura's stats stink though. It's bad enough that he is a 1 in 5 scorer, but his assist rate is 1 in about 15. Clearly had a couple of amazing moments in our colours, but been a complete waste of space for the biggest part of his career.

Wouldn't be near City or Liverpool's squad and definitely not keeping one of their younger players from being on the bench. We should follow suit with Clarke.