Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - PL | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - PL

Result?

• Win

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn’t notice Sissoko or Aurier . That’s how well they played .
Hojbjerg magnificent.
Harry’s and Sons work rate unbelievable .
Toby and Dier at the back , class .
Reggie worked tirelessly and didn’t give Mahrez a chance .
Ndom just gets better and better ,
Berg played his heart out , constant menace .
Hugo always there when needed.
Loco , class , goal and work rate .
Rodon didn’t have much to do but didn’t do anything wrong .
Moura did well , put in a decent shift .
Difficult to see Deli getting back . Who would have thought that a while ago .
We need Tanga and Sanchez to step up now . Maybe Davies .
COYS

How good do we feel, chaps? I loved every minute of it. City were definitely on their A game but we looked like we were in no trouble defensively. When have we ever been able to say that? Harry the only world class player on display. Dean the cheat has stopped being so blatant but he subtly tried to make us lose. He saw Kane fouled six times in the first half and did nothing to protect him. We were lucky that H was bullet proof tonight. How good were our back four? Toby was immense but they were all heroes. Aurier made only one missed pass, he looked immense.
In the third minute Bergy fired a header near H and he brought it down despite its height and pace whilst under immense pressure (being pushed down on). He then did a dummy movement and then fired an inch perfect pass into Reguilion. It was Messi level skill.
The excrescent bias of all commentators continues. Neville disagrees when Dean blows up for De Bruyne's clear arm in the back on Reggie. Neville says that is never a foul. It is replayed twice and he chooses to say not one word of correction. Toby does the best tackle this season and Neville salivates that this could be a penalty. On review it shows the skill of Toby's tackle. Neville can only say "He'll be ok". Like Toby got himself off of a charge rather than having made the best tackle all season. 21st minute Aurier sees off a corner whilst being assaulted in the back by Torres. Neville says a lucky escape for Aurier
as he jumped into Torres".
25th minute both commentators ignored the clear penalty we should have had a clear assault in the back of Bergy.
32nd minute a nasty stamp on Harry's ankle by Bernardo Silva - red card offence. Not for cheat Deano.
33rd minute commentator says that there has been a foul by Regie for "going in a little too zealously". It was obvious that Reg had been pushed off the ball and he was as a result prone whereas the man city thug was still on his feet. Deano even saw what had happened and despite the free kick going to us, Mr commentator did not see fit to correct his mistake.
Deano was getting desperate towards the end and kept producing free kicks for them near our box e.g Harry being booked for a great tackle. It is so sweet to send Deano and the sky commentators home with their gall sticking in their throats. Our best performance in years.

The defensive display .
The Ledley King influence?
since he has been there we have got better and better , Both centre backs have been amazing .
Shame Toby has got a nasty injury .
The difference in Dier is not a coincidence. IMO

Hope Toby recovers soon. But reports said it doesnt look good. And defence is where we r not quite up to it. Hope Rodon guy can really step up

Sky really wind me up. So do BT but I don’t subscribe to the
How good do we feel, chaps? I loved every minute of it. City were definitely on their A game but we looked like we were in no trouble defensively. When have we ever been able to say that? Harry the only world class player on display. Dean the cheat has stopped being so blatant but he subtly tried to make us lose. He saw Kane fouled six times in the first half and did nothing to protect him. We were lucky that H was bullet proof tonight. How good were our back four? Toby was immense but they were all heroes. Aurier made only one missed pass, he looked immense.
In the third minute Bergy fired a header near H and he brought it down despite its height and pace whilst under immense pressure (being pushed down on). He then did a dummy movement and then fired an inch perfect pass into Reguilion. It was Messi level skill.
The excrescent bias of all commentators continues. Neville disagrees when Dean blows up for De Bruyne's clear arm in the back on Reggie. Neville says that is never a foul. It is replayed twice and he chooses to say not one word of correction. Toby does the best tackle this season and Neville salivates that this could be a penalty. On review it shows the skill of Toby's tackle. Neville can only say "He'll be ok". Like Toby got himself off of a charge rather than having made the best tackle all season. 21st minute Aurier sees off a corner whilst being assaulted in the back by Torres. Neville says a lucky escape for Aurier
as he jumped into Torres".
25th minute both commentators ignored the clear penalty we should have had a clear assault in the back of Bergy.
32nd minute a nasty stamp on Harry's ankle by Bernardo Silva - red card offence. Not for cheat Deano.
33rd minute commentator says that there has been a foul by Regie for "going in a little too zealously". It was obvious that Reg had been pushed off the ball and he was as a result prone whereas the man city thug was still on his feet. Deano even saw what had happened and despite the free kick going to us, Mr commentator did not see fit to correct his mistake.
Deano was getting desperate towards the end and kept producing free kicks for them near our box e.g Harry being booked for a great tackle. It is so sweet to send Deano and the sky commentators home with their gall sticking in their throats. Our best performance in years.
Sky really wind me up , so do Bt but I don’t subscribe to them

As good as we defended Ederson really gifted us both goals and maybe even a third if Son's touch wasn't so heavy. How many goals does he cost them with his craziness? I can remember a few from our games son and lamela goals etc. And he doesn't seem to get much criticism overall of course it will get pointed out on the day but he seems to be regarded as a top keeper because he can ping a neat ball when he is quite poor at the basics and fundamentals of keeping.

On the flip side for us Lloris has quietly steadied himself and not making that many errors lately and doing the basics well and catching crosses etc. which is pleasing for us. Maybe the new goal kick rule of our players being able to recieve it in our box, our defending deep and him kicking long helps his game.

The defensive display .
The Ledley King influence?
since he has been there we have got better and better , Both centre backs have been amazing .
Shame Toby has got a nasty injury .
The difference in Dier is not a coincidence. IMO

I'd give credit to Jose AND his coaches (that obviously includes Ledley) for stabilising our defence with the personnel that he has settled with. It was clear Sanchez was the weak link due to lacking confidence and Aurier is too risky. So, had Doc been fit (a Jose signing) I think his favoured back 4 are Doc, Toby, Dier and Reg whilst Aurier and Davies are great backups. Sanchez either ups his game or may need to seek pastures new.

The team today IMO will be the core moving forward as others (Bale, Lamela, Lo, Rodon, etc) get up to speed. Berg needs to get his fitness improved. He and ND are 60 mins men. Thankfully we have depth!

We sold Ericksen and Dembele went off into greener, easier pastures, but guess what guys? We've got Harry Kane! What a freaking performance today from our talisman and nowadays our mostly number 10. Today he did some of the Dembele stuff, holding onto the ball occasionally gliding by people when the opportunity presented itself, and wow can that lad pick a pass (add another assist to the kitty!).

We defended like we knew what we were doing today and totally frustrated the opposition. I predicted a draw in the other thread (with a bit of tongue in cheek) but I am quite happy to be wrong today.

I'm not sure how sustainable that type of football is for us (as I wasn't sure how our uptempo pressing game was for us during the Poch reign - ultimately it wasn't). But if we can just play like favorites against the lessor lights and play like this against our fellow big boys, we may dare start to dream. Not just yet though, this was the first of a run of tough games coming up, we're looking for consistency from every player so as to allow the use of the whole squad without fear of any drop off in performance!

We stuck to the game plan today and came out winners - keep it going lads!

Bale getting the winner against Chelski would be the dream, it would do him a word of Good. We are starting to keep clean sheets, it looks like losing 3 late goals to spammers has had a huge affect on the players.