• Win

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got to disagree with that, if we don't take the game to them from the off, then we'd allow them to play their game and risk being beaten - in their current state they are there for the taking, their back 4 looks flakey as hell at the moment - we have to make the most of that.
I've said exactly the same thing earlier on, we have to have a go. More so, this is the game where we don't want to rue clinical deficiency. Both Kane and especially Son have missed a lot of sitters of late. Glad ND is contributing tho!

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Reggie, Hojbjerg, Winks, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Son, Kane.

I am not sure about Auriers fitness and Sissoko may get the nod instead of Winks.

I am edging towards us.

Given the (hard) choice, I'd rather we conceded early on. At least he'll have to go for plan B and the offensive, as we did v United at OT. The longer it stays 0-0 you just know we'll just dig deeper trenches.

Another reason to have Bergwijn in front of him.

I also think Sissoko will be ahead of Winks for this one.
Funny enough I think that because they both started last night (Winks and Sissoko) it will be Ndombele and PEH in the centre for Liverpool. And a back three with Aurier and Reggie ahead.

It's a setup that lets us defend in numbers but counter attack with width and pace.

If we can't beat this Liverpool side now then I'm not sure when we would. They were there for the taking last time round and we threw it away so we can't afford to not be clinical this time.
But can I see Liverpool losing 3 in a row? Can't be optimistic about that I'm afraid.

Got to disagree with that, if we don't take the game to them from the off, then we'd allow them to play their game and risk being beaten - in their current state they are there for the taking, their back 4 looks flakey as hell at the moment - we have to make the most of that.

Hope you are right...I just think Pool will come out firing and pin us deep...which isn't hard to do since we can't string 2 passes together. All they need to do is keep control of Son and they will stymie our defense. I can see this getting out of control quickly if we are not careful.

If we can't beat this Liverpool side now then I'm not sure when we would. They were there for the taking last time round and we threw it away so we can't afford to not be clinical this time.
But can I see Liverpool losing 3 in a row? Can't be optimistic about that I'm afraid.

Pool's likely lineup....

Allison
Trent, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson
Hendo, Thiago, Wijnaldum
Salah, Firminho, Mane

It's not that far off the team that walked the league last season. I just hope Matip and Hendo aren't fit enough to play.

I'm with you. Can't be that optimistic.