Match Thread: The Imps V Southport FC | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: The Imps V Southport FC

Apart from a nervy 15 mins second half, was pretty comfortable. Played some really good football at times. I think the front 4 currently playing as well as any attacking combo we've had for some time. McDaid showed that we have some cover for them as well, as well as Maris.
Caton does look a class act, you do wonder how some players can suddenly hit it off at a club, he can't have been playing like this at any of his previous 8 clubs surely

SkellyIsWatching - 20/2/2016 19:59

All today did was prove that we are 2 goals better than a poor Southport at the moment. But we won't finish anywhere within a sniff of the play offs. Nowhere near being a sustainable play off squad.

Deluded if anyone is holding onto to some sort of hope.
God you're a misery!

All today did was prove that Halifax were 2 goals better than a poor Grimsby side at the moment. etc,etc,etc

All today did was prove that we are 2 goals better than a poor Southport at the moment. But we won't finish anywhere within a sniff of the play offs. Nowhere near being a sustainable play off squad.

Ok, I'm going to say it: f_uck off you Cod-supporting cock-end.

Brilliant result today - well done to all concerned. And, as someone else has pointed out, we can stop worrying about Conference North this season. So a very good day.

On a more positive note, we won at a canter today. Caton and Wood were excellent and Power showed again that he plays much better in a team that is performing. Good movement and energy throughout the team. Recent signings (McCombe, Caton) have really had an impact and we could have won by 5/6 if Rhead had had his heading head on (try saying that quickly!).

We also beat Boreham wood 3-1 at home as well who the useless cods only drew with.
Bore off Skelly!
If you can't say anything positive to say after a decent showing like that you really need help!

Davidimp - 20/2/2016 20:45

We also beat Boreham wood 3-1 at home as well who the useless cods only drew with.
Bore off Skelly!
If you can't say anything positive to say after a decent showing like that you really need help!

I'm not saying anything bad about today's performance

Bellend.

MaineRoad_96 - 20/2/2016 21:10

Bellend.
Good effort and correct, but Notty wins!

plumbob - 20/2/2016 21:29

MaineRoad_96 - 20/2/2016 21:10

Bellend.
Good effort and correct, but Notty wins!
Yep quality from Notty :clappy:
Bit like Caton today :yehaa:

JT_LCFC - 20/2/2016 20:13

Grimsby aren't certain to make the playoffs yet either, for a million plus budget to be 20pts off the pace surely Hurst has to go?

I think they will drop out of the play off places, Hurst will be sacked and the money man will call it a day. I oompahin hope so!

A big jump in attendance today from the last 3 home games. 600 more than v FGR, 300 more Guiseley and 500 more Eastleigh. Still some hope, like Mr Power put on twitter ya just never know...

We were fantastic today. We played really nice football at times and Southport didn't even deserve the goal they scored.

We dominated. Well done Chris Moyses & the team!

All the abuse chris has got compared to the good comments are unreal! I think hes done brilliant and ive never wanted him to go! To get where he has got the team now with what he has had is top class! Best manager we have had in a while but also a big well done to all the players and staff because today like alot of other games we have seen 100% and fair play to farman (i know he didnt have much to do) but he held his head up high and kept positive! Same for the back four... Id also like to put beevers out here he gets alot of stick but today he played great! Best ive seen him! The only tiny negative is about caton yes he scored 2 brilliantly taken goals but... he didnt look to track back as much... not sure if its just me but beevers did look to have a couple of them on him when they did occasionally get the ball up... which they got the goal from what was a well taken goal tbh! But thats just me being picky! Ha all in all a great day for us! And a game that i fully enjoyed watching! And tbh its the best team we have assembled for years inc the loan signings apart from reid (freebie) and blisset.

Oh give it a rest, you aren't fooling anybody. :thumbdown:

I know where they got 5 added minutes from....

They added up the seconds that Dino Maamria spent moaning at the Fourth Official.

Scotimp - 20/2/2016 12:58

Fixtures starting to pile up for Dover with today's postponement. They now have a minimum of 16 games to play (15 league) in the last 2 months of the season, which will be extended to a minimum of 18 in 2 months if they beat Nantwich in the Trophy quarter-final next Saturday. Does that put them out of the running for the play-offs?
I don't think it puts them out of the running but as they are a part-time outfit it is going to put huge pressure on them.

imps_joe - 20/2/2016 17:49

JT_LCFC - 20/2/2016 17:41

8 wins are required and then maybe a little bit of luck to achieve the playoffs. Football is about ifs, buts and maybe. But we may rue being two up at home against Barrow, conceading in the last minute away at Halifax and last week's two points dropped.

However I thought today we thoroughly deserved the win and was quite surprised at times how pedestrian we made a supposedly top defence away from home look.

Stand out performance was Caton, however, I thought Wood was equally as impressive.

I'd add losing to FGR when they went down to 10 and maybe the Dover match to that list. Far too many dropped points where we really should have got more.
Please add any game in which we did not collect 3 points.