Match Thread The Blues v Blackpool | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread The Blues v Blackpool

Poor start but overall we were the better side in the half. We had 6 shots but none on target while they had 2 and none on. Keshi playing well as is Madine and Husband. James had a couple of shots that were very poor. Grimshaw saved a goal from a Connolly poor header that was going in. The game is trending in our direction. Could win this. Possession 40/60

Spot on Prem.
Very very disappointing result.
Thought the subs were left too late and Bowlers unwillingness to track back far outweighs his carrying the ball forward at the minute.
That game was tbere for tbe taking. I hope NC will be as frustrated and angry as we are.

We played some nice stuff, unfortunately we weren't threatening enough in front of goal. The better team didn't win. A bitter pill to swallow.

I said earlier that NC had set us up too defensively and we should certainly have Lavery or Yates on the pitch to harry their defenders and give options up front. Bowler is simply not worth a place atm - absolutely no end product and his mistakes and a lack of tracking exposes the defence

Neil Critchley was left disappointed with his side's second half display in the 1-0 loss at St Andrews.
Despite Pool dominating the first half with some impressive chances, they couldn't find that crucial goal and were left to rue their missed chances in the second half, as Lukas Jutkiewicz's strike in the second half was the difference.
"We didn't do enough to win the game," he said.
"I thought we were the better team in the first half. We had some good moments where we moved the ball well, attacked well and created some good opportunities. We were the team in the ascendency. We knew they'd gain some momentum in the second half, or stages of the game where they may go on top, but they never really had any concerted amount of pressure on our goal.
"We didn't do enough in the second half. We didn't play as well as in the first 45 minutes, and whatever we tried didn't come off. The decisive moment is the ball into the box, where they get a lot of bodies in the penalty area, and they get a header over to the man, and it goes into the goal. It could be offside, and that's the fine line at times.
"I'm disappointed with our quality on the ball, as I think that's what has cost us on the day."

The better side lost!

The liner was abysmal for not spotting their goal was 2 yards off side at least, never mind his reluctance to give free kicks that were about 5 yards away from him at the touchline.

Bowler just frustrates, he isn't ready to be in our squad! Not sure why he keeps getting picked as he rarely gets past anyone these days and little end product. Can't keep getting in the side on the basis of his impressive goal again Fulham, Mitchell is a much better option. We were woeful in front of goal today, nobody seemed to have their shooting boots on if you can't score you are never going to take home the 3 points.

The International break seems to have totally upset our rhythm, hope we get it back soon.

The better side lost!

The liner was abysmal for not spotting their goal was 2 yards off side at least, never mind his reluctance to give free kicks that were about 5 yards away from him at the touchline.

Bowler just frustrates, he isn't ready to be in our squad! Not sure why he keeps getting picked as he rarely gets past anyone these days and little end product. Can't keep getting in the side on the basis of his impressive goal again Fulham, Mitchell is a much better option. We were woeful in front of goal today, nobody seemed to have their shooting boots on if you can't score you are never going to take home the 3 points.

The International break seems to have totally upset our rhythm, hope we get it back soon.

You said it for me uae.