Match Thread Swindon v Blackpool | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread Swindon v Blackpool

The trick will be to limit Gillingham's front two by winning the midfield and let them worry about us instead. They will win the head tennis so we need to play it on the floor
If we score, one goal it won't be enough, lets put it that way.
They're a horrible, none footballing side.
Yeah, I completely agree with this. You'd definitely bring Ballard back in for the physical battle but then I can't decide on the rest of the side - seems incredibly harsh to drop Simms but do you need an extra pair of legs in midfield to ensure you win that battle?

A victorious win? What other sorts of win are there Prem? :tophat:

I share your sentiments Prem.
Having no casualties to add to our growing band of injured I would call a great win Bear. ...We have to be careful that winning the battle does not cost us Promotion.

Confucious say Prem is the wisest of fools and the most foolish amongst the wise.:tophat:

He certainly knows you can't kill two pigs with a forked stick on a Friday night.

Yeah, I completely agree with this. You'd definitely bring Ballard back in for the physical battle but then I can't decide on the rest of the side - seems incredibly harsh to drop Simms but do you need an extra pair of legs in midfield to ensure you win that battle?

Ballard instils confidence and is a must. Its when we're sitting on a slender lead that worries me. Attack, best form of defence and all that. Its a tricky one.

Who would the extra pair of legs be at the minute though? Don't see it as the sort of game that Robson would have a real impact on so i'd be inclined to leave Simms in. Also an added advantage of more height for defending corners.

Who would the extra pair of legs be at the minute though? Don't see it as the sort of game that Robson would have a real impact on so i'd be inclined to leave Simms in. Also an added advantage of more height for defending corners.
Dougall Ward and Embleton as your midfield three, with Kaikai and Mitchell out wide.

As it is I'd stick with the same side as the other day but bring in Ballard for Turton.

Dougall Ward and Embleton as your midfield three, with Kaikai and Mitchell out wide.

As it is I'd stick with the same side as the other day but bring in Ballard for Turton.

Yeah, perhaps Mitchell was actually rested on Friday (given he can't seem to stay fit after a few games) as it was a bit odd he was dropped after being MoM last weekend.