Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Swindon Town v Lincoln City - Prepare For Touchline Tantrums:

Information about today's Match Officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/swindon-town-v-lincoln-city-prepare-for-touchline-tantrums/

DC: "We feel that it was a really good experience for us.":

Summary of Thursday's Press Conference with Danny Cowley.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/dc-we-feel-that-it-was-a-really-good-experience-for-us/

"We must take the mental toughness, belief, pride and persistence from the Everton game and put it to good use.":

Three things The Imps need to do to beat Swindon Town.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...from-the-everton-game-and-put-it-to-good-use/

"I think Richie Wellens has got us playing a lot better and quicker than under Phil Brown." (Who Are Ya?):

Thank you to Swindon Town supporter Adam for answering our questions!

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...lot-better-and-quicker-than-under-phil-brown/

Other key games today:

Bury v MK Dons
Exeter v Morecambe
Mansfield v Yeovil
Northampton v Carlisle
Oldham v FGR
Port Vale v Colchester

Look out for a bumper gate at Notts County today - £2 to get in. Over 1,500 Cambridge fans have taken advantage of their kind (i.e. financially hare-brained) idea.

And why would you encourage a relegation rival to bring 1,200 more supporters than they would have done?

Let's say 6,000 fans paying £20 = £120,000 or 20,000 fans paying £2 = £40,000.
Something like that anyway.
So, yes, financially quite a loss. But they're used to chucking money away...

Might give a much better atmosphere though but that's not guaranteed!
Maybe they could have tried "pay what u like"... à la Albion Rovers...

Where's the best place for pre-match refreshments? I topped and tailed the match last year with a tipple at the Great Western for train station convenience.

I'm reading that the cricket club next to the ground is a good bet if the small away bar at the ground fills up quickly.

Sadly I can't get there today but I can tell you that the chicken balti pies they sell are extremely good, several cuts above a pukka! You're welcome.

Where's the best place for pre-match refreshments? I topped and tailed the match last year with a tipple at the Great Western for train station convenience. I'm reading that the cricket club next to the ground is a good bet if the small away bar at the ground fills up quickly.

If walking from the station you can go via the Tap and Barrel on Manchester Road. The Cricket Club is close has a bar and parking. The Merlin pub is close and a good pub to drink at, parking costs £2/3.
Merlin, Drove Rd, Swindon SN1 3AF

Note there is limited "free" street parking near the ground. Do not park in the food or retail warehouse cark parks, they will pursue you for excessive fines.

Last edited:
Another big one, let's make the most of this one and stretch our lead at the top, especially over the Stags.

Safe travels, all on the road.

Come On You Imps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of unusually positive comments from an opposition forum pre-match!

"There seems to be a lot of jealous animosity against Lincoln from other L2 clubs. Can’t understand it myself. They are a prime example of what every club at our level should aspire to.

An owner backing them - although, tbf, they have generated funds through cup runs - a huge increase in attendances and the sense of a club going somewhere. I like them.

As a club they are very reminiscent of Luton - gaining momentum after escaping from non league."

"cup runs are massive for lower league clubs. I'm not certain but I'm sure those man utd games must have helped burtons push up the leagues a few years back.

it's a reason I get so angry at our recent cup record. Lincoln have done everything right."

If walking from the station you can go via the Tap and Barrel on Manchester Road. The Cricket Club is close has a bar and parking. The Merlin pub is close and a good pub to drink at, parking costs £2/3.
Merlin, Drove Rd, Swindon SN1 3AF

Note there is limited "free" street parking near the ground. Do not park in the food or retail warehouse cark parks, they will pursue you for excessive fines.

Should be in the Merlin in a few mins.