Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City

Freck got a yellow for the ‘foul’ for the penalty which is laughable given how soft it was. This idiot believes if he gives a penalty the offender must be cautioned. Shacks was given a yellow after the penalty was scored with everyone setting up for the re-start. Ref walked away, clearly got a message in the ear piece, came back and brandished the red.
Interesting on the report on the OS no record of the yellow to Freck

Lots of armchair fans being very unfair on Andrade. It’s so easy to sit and watch a game on television and give an opinion just by the view from the particular camera angle. I had a very good view of it live and like it or not it was a very harsh sending off.
When Toff played the ball up the line the defender was all over Bruno, 9 times out of 10 a free kick would have been given. As both players went to get up the defender appeared to stand on Bruno’s calf and Bruno got up made up 2 yards and clipped the back of his ankle. It was handbags of the soft variety and a booking each would have been ample punishment. Bruno gave Toner the chance to send him off and Toner never turns down the opportunity to deliver a red . I think the Swindon management had a good view of the incident too and knew their lad was guilty and lucky and pretty sure he was subbed off at half time as a result.

I agree it was a case of handbags and the Swindon lad goes down to the deck looking up at the ref for reaction and stiffing one of his own professionals, he is still on his haunches not badly injured or rolling around in agony, and the ref bought it......check the footage.

When Bruno went off team performance improved and whilst Bruno is off the boil Toffolo`s contribution going forward has reduced and the LCFC leftside has become ineffective,something afoot here but can`t put my finger on it.
Bruno`s contribution lately has been substandard and it is noticeable amongst some home and away fans.

When Bruno went off team performance improved and whilst Bruno is off the boil Toffolo`s contribution going forward has reduced and the LCFC leftside has become ineffective,something afoot here but can`t put my finger on it. Bruno`s contribution lately has been substandard and it is noticeable amongst some home and away fans.

Teams have got wise. They're doubling up and they've realised, as have we, that a tap will most likely have him on the floor. I'd say the upside is that Harry Anderson has benefited from the attention on Andrade.

That was quoted on City's twitter feed. Are we sure this is the exact number or just tickets sold before yesterday as I paid on the day as I'm sure many others did??
Would help if Swindon just confirmed it
About 480 tickets sold pre match i was told!

About 480 tickets sold pre match i was told!
A pedant would say that any ticket sold during or after the match would represent poor value for money but fortunately most of us think we know what you mean by " pre match ". Getting proper stats out of a few clubs including Swindon and the debate about sales/income versus "clicks" through the turnstiles will however long continue.

Totally irrelevant if it was deliberate or not. That is a bizarre criteria to decide if a penalty is soft or not. Frecklington clipped his ankle forcing the attacker to fall over.. and the contact led Frecklington to also end up on the floor.

Well I've watched it frame by frame by frame.
Swindon player going down before any contact. Then whilst going down catches Freck behind him with his left leg and brings Freck down with him. Freck at no point tackles him.
Soft.
If we had VAR and a capable ref (are there any in Lge2??) then we might not have seen that decision given.

Lots of armchair fans being very unfair on Andrade. It’s so easy to sit and watch a game on television and give an opinion just by the view from the particular camera angle. I had a very good view of it live and like it or not it was a very harsh sending off.
When Toff played the ball up the line the defender was all over Bruno, 9 times out of 10 a free kick would have been given. As both players went to get up the defender appeared to stand on Bruno’s calf and Bruno got up made up 2 yards and clipped the back of his ankle. It was handbags of the soft variety and a booking each would have been ample punishment. Bruno gave Toner the chance to send him off and Toner never turns down the opportunity to deliver a red . I think the Swindon management had a good view of the incident too and knew their lad was guilty and lucky and pretty sure he was subbed off at half time as a result.

Yes spot on.
Either both red or better both yellow.
For me red cards are for violent conduct, not petulant conduct.
Swindon player trod on Bruno (but not a hard stamp). Bruno flicked a little kick back at him. Both silly & petulant, but not violent.

Added to this iFollow also misses the incident, zooming in on Doughty running back then bizarrely zooming on the scoreboard, before briefly catching Shackell and the ref close together, with the ref aiming a pointy finger at Shackell. It only recovers properly to catch the red card being given
Edit: more info.

Have to say that this has been one of my MAJOR bugbears about i-Follow and I have commented to them a number of times. For some reason the cameraman loves to get in close to the action - far too close sometimes - and misses a lot of important incidents happening on the periphery or when play is developing. The cameraman also has a thing about zooming into totally irrelevant things around the ground, such as corner flags, signs, etc. when there's a stoppage. I don't know if this is some sort of focus test or something but I seriously doubt it. I know we only have one camera but all the more reason to have a cameraman who knows what he's doing. Granted the i-Follow coverage has improved from the start of last season, but this is still one of my major comments that needs to be improved. I reckon its just Lincoln as I've seen other i-Follow cameramen and they have been excellent.

Well I've watched it frame by frame by frame.
Swindon player going down before any contact. Then whilst going down catches Freck behind him with his left leg and brings Freck down with him. Freck at no point tackles him.
Soft.
If we had VAR and a capable ref (are there any in Lge2??) then we might not have seen that decision given.
Always remember Bob Cumming beating several men finding himself surrounded by two or three more and few passing options. He showboated he way out of the melee, let them all regather, hooked his legs around themselves, fell over and thus won an outrageous free kick. Sheer class!