Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City

Apart from stupid boy Andrade

Yes he was idiotic, but Shackell deserves at least as much blame if not more. Going down to nine put the tin lid on it.

Odd game as we did nothing till the first sending off then were pretty much gifted a goal and scored goal of the season.

Frecklington, who had a very poor game, then stupidly gave away a penalty which you could see coming for five seconds before it happened, compounded by the utter idiocy of the most experienced player talking his way off the pitch

The rest performed manfully and I was pretty confident we could hold out as Swindon didn't create too many clear chances considering their numerical advantage, but Doughty was the difference for them.

Although I think Thommo wanted to give the MoM to Bostwick, who made two fantastic goalline clearances within the space of a couple of seconds, honestly it was Vickers who deserved it.

Backs to the wall is all well and good, and well done for not crumbling, but two points were thrown away in the end there. Even though after 35 minutes of non-football I'd have considered a draw a good result.

Huge question marks against their manager for starting Doughty on the bench... best midfielder I’ve seen at this level since Peter Gain in his pomp. An absolute class act and someone I’d love to see in the red and white before February 1st (highly unlikely).

Could be an invaluable point in the wash up. Most teams would have folded after facing that type of adversity (admittedly most self inflicted). I think it’s a cracking point away at a difficult ground especially in the context of our rivals results. Yes if we had 11 stay on the field we would have expected to get the win after going 0-2 up but given the circumstances I think those who didn’t get dismissed should be absolutely congratulated. Nine soldiers plus subs today

Sounds like the ref didn't realise he had given shack the first yellow?

Pretty amateur refereeing.

No he didn't !! And may NOT have given 2nd yellow if he'd known it meant red. It might have been half a yellow for example, i.e. a final warning (which is usual ref practice).
So Jason possibly unlucky there.
Andrade also unlucky as ref saw what he did...!

No he didn't !! And may NOT have given 2nd yellow if he'd known it meant red. It might have been half a yellow for example, i.e. a final warning (which is usual ref practice).
Stamping on players and back chatting on a yellow gets you red cards. It is bad team discipline. Please don’t kid yourself it is unlucky

Sorry mate but you’re seriously clutching at straws here. Our lads gave the ref decisions to make. Nobody knows other than the ref and Shackell what was said to warrant the second yellow. My take on it is it must have been bad for him to get the book out. And given the pen looked stonewall, you do have to ask yourself what on earth Shackell was thinking of by saying anything at all.