Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City

A couple of unusually positive comments from an opposition forum pre-match!

"There seems to be a lot of jealous animosity against Lincoln from other L2 clubs. Can’t understand it myself. They are a prime example of what every club at our level should aspire to.

An owner backing them - although, tbf, they have generated funds through cup runs - a huge increase in attendances and the sense of a club going somewhere. I like them.

As a club they are very reminiscent of Luton - gaining momentum after escaping from non league."

"cup runs are massive for lower league clubs. I'm not certain but I'm sure those man utd games must have helped burtons push up the leagues a few years back.

it's a reason I get so angry at our recent cup record. Lincoln have done everything right."
Swindon lot on 1ff very generous in their comments after the game back in August unlike most of the others who just moan about pretty everything about us, ,coming across as childish and petty.

Vickers rested today for certain, but I reckon that most those who featured at Goodison will be out there today. Another airing for Chappers in the second half? Hope so.....

Thats amazing from a club that don't announce away support now saying that 900 Imps are turning up for todays game when we reckon only 500+ (according to Hortin)