Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swindon Town v Lincoln City

One thing I noticed, the pitch seemed very fast. Almost like playing on plastic. That highlights the slightest error in accuracy and weight of passing. Total contrast on the back of the Accrington game, and it took us most of the match to adapt to. Even without crowds, you can see how there are other ‘home‘ advantages
Maybe right, but some of our passes were like a 28 handicapper, shit scared, over a downhill put at Augusta!
A win, but not in the slightest pretty.

Maybe right, but some of our passes were like a 28 handicapper, shit scared, over a downhill put at Augusta!
A win, but not in the slightest pretty.
Some of Swindon's passing was worse!

For whatever reason though, our passing wasnt on it tonight, final balls a particular concern. Interestingly, amongst the malaise through the whole side, I register surprise when a couple of Hopper's went astray - for those who question him, there's part of the answer, he rarely wastes possession.

I did also chuckle at Swindon's old school approach to goal kicks with at least a couple taken without another player in view with most of Swindon's half in the shot.

I did also chuckle at Swindon's old school approach to goal kicks with at least a couple taken without another player in view with most of Swindon's half in the shot.
I noticed that too. Their style of play, if they actually had one, was pretty crude. None of this passing nonsense, just get the bugger forward.

Not pretty, but I thought we just about deserved that. I don't think Edun played well today, but I do think there is a footballer in him, he just seems to rush everything. I would have taken 4 points from the last two, but do worry that we seem to have problems in the last third of creating good chances from open play.

I noticed that too. Their style of play, if they actually had one, was pretty crude. None of this passing nonsense, just get the bugger forward.
To be fair to them, it almost got a point. If their keeper hadn’t made a mess of coming for that cross it would have done.

It might not win many fans, but if it wins points then it’s successful (I know it hasn’t today but Kovar really messed up that corner.)