Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

Don’t think they’ve intentionally misled, it’s just proved to be a lot harder than they thought.
Plus there comes a point when you stop throwing money down the drain especially if you’re going to sell up.
And selling up with planning permission for a new stadium on an existing long lease together with the same for a multi million pound apartment complex at the side of the river trust me will make it a fucking sight easier.

Despite a much changed team from what you would expect to be the first eleven, todays performance sort of epitomised the general malaise hanging over the club at the moment. Whoever we seem to sign seems to fail to live up to expectations and we have a real battle on our hands to avoid relegation.
Todays Swansea side seemed to have so much more energy than Forest. We've got to stop buying expensive has beens and play the youngsters more. Its the only way forward.

Our energy levels as a side are terrible, almost every other team run us ragged. We maybe need to try 3 at the back every side that's played it against us has dominated the game.

Just seen a clever montage of fuck ups put together by somebody on facebook. As bad as it gets to be honest.

I really can't remember a time when I thought Nige should be our manager but after going down loads of various avenues, I think the time has come

Sums stuff up remarkably. No passion, no drive, no urgency, and presumably absolutely no movement or options off the ball from anyone else in a red shirt.
The fact he then immediately falls over when a Swansea player came within 10 foot just makes it laughable.
And notice how, with all that dithering, no Swansea player wastes the energy to even come near him

Pretty terrible performance, but in the cold light of day our form in the league has been passable recently. We are eighth over the last eight games. We do need to learn some basics though. Our passing is terrible. Not only do we give it away, but when coming forward we frequently pass behind the player, causing us to go back, or pass to a running player halting the run. The worst thing I've seen (didn't happen today) is when ONE player goes out to a short corner. One player can't mark two players.

We seem to be pretty poor in the air at both ends of the pitch without McKenna alongside Worrall. Hopefully our first eleven can pick up where they left off against Millwall, especially after having a weeks rest.

As someone has already said we have three big games coming up. We need some decent performances against Barnsley, Coventry and Wycombe, but more importantly at least six points, before we have to play Bournemouth and Swansea again.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/form-guide/eight

Don’t think they’ve intentionally misled, it’s just proved to be a lot harder than they thought.
Plus there comes a point when you stop throwing money down the drain especially if you’re going to sell up.

The plans to move training ground fell through when the Council refused to rezone the current Academy site for housing; the houses built would have gone a long way to paying for the new stand.

A new site had been found, but that has since been sold ironically for a new housing project.

It was probably just as well because moving the Academy would have meant kicking a junior side off of their current ground; can you imagine the fun the malcontents would have had with that?

Where are you at with it regarding Hughton, next steps etc.?

Torn. Stylistically I was never going to enjoy his football, we've possibly made some small advances of late (ignoring today) but we're still not remotely at the level of the first half of last season. Tbf most of these signings aren't his, recruitment has been disjointed (being polite) and I do suspect there is a dysfunctional culture at the club which makes his job far harder.

I also don't think that sacking managers regularly is anything but an expensive waste of time. So unless a top manager suddenly fancies getting us our 3rd star then barring disasters we suck it up and hope he can improve things until Christmas next year.