Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares? | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Swansea v Forest, who cares?

The dive for that penalty was as bad as the Dwight Gayle one, and he got a ban for that.

I remember this lot cheated at the CG last season, Ayew taking a bullet and winning a penalty with a big grin as if he couldn't believe it had worked.

Cheating fuckers.

Not that it made a difference in the outcome of the match today but it certainly made a difference in how the scoreline went

The dive for that penalty was as bad as the Dwight Gayle one, and he got a ban for that.

I remember this lot cheated at the CG last season, Ayew taking a bullet and winning a penalty with a big grin as if he couldn't believe it had worked.

Cheating fuckers.

Not that it made a difference in the outcome of the match today but it certainly made a difference in how the scoreline went

Can't really say it made no difference to the outcome, though.

Forest were asking questions, had the best of the second half, and pulled a goal back. At 2-1 the game was nicely poised. Giving Swansea a goal killed it.

Yeah had that not been given you never know we may have pulled level, the players heads went after that went in after making a reasonable effort to get back into it.

Last edited:
Can't really say it made no difference to the outcome, though.

Forest were asking questions, had the best of the second half, and pulled a goal back. At 2-1 the game was nicely poised. Giving Swansea a goal killed it.
I mean that I don't think we could have won this tie.

Basically, the rule is that if the other team score first we cannot win. I await Forest proving that one wrong.

We could maybe have fluked an equaliser and won on penalties but I doubt it.

This Swansea side were streets ahead of Forest and the defence had plenty more fuck ups in it

What annoys me is that this is probably the most characterless forest side I can remember seeing.

Very hard to see anything we are good at. Impossible to imagine us confounding any expectations.

We have won one point against sides we wouldn't be expected to beat all season.

We are so easy to beat it's obscene.

Has hughton improved us....debatable

since he came in are we seeing the same bullshit...100%

are we still shockingly shit at passing/marking/defending...100%

we still don’t move the ball quickly enough

so if he inherited a bad team then he’s done fuck all to change things as it stands...even a lower league manager can start to change the issues on the pitch. We have no cohesion

I mean that I don't think we could have won this tie.

Basically, the rule is that if the other team score first we cannot win. I await Forest proving that one wrong.

We could maybe have fluked an equaliser and won on penalties but I doubt it.

This Swansea side were streets ahead of Forest and the defence had plenty more fuck ups in it
Losing isn’t the issue...it’s the manner of the loss And the complete inept first half

What annoys me is that this is probably the most characterless forest side I can remember seeing.

Very hard to see anything we are good at. Impossible to imagine us confounding any expectations.

We have won one point against sides we wouldn't be expected to beat all season.

We are so easy to beat it's obscene.
100%

lolley is a wasted player most of the time
Ameobi is throw a 6 to start and he’s either great or absolute dog

samba gives no confidence in our fragile defence

knockheart tries to make things happen when everyone just watches

it’s an embarrassment

Just caught the highlights, as couldn't watch the game today. What the hell was Jenkinson doing for that first goal? Figs missed his header which is poor, but the Swansea player was behind figgy. Jenkinson decided to mark 3 acres of space instead of the free man. Genius. Fourth and fifth goals came down our right side too and were piss poor.
Absolutely no point pretending the penalty made any difference. Concede goals like that and Forest deserve to be strugglers in league 2 FFS.
I don't blame Hughton for this. The problems in this team run deep, and I don't think this team can be fixed by anyone.
Half of em needed showing the door. Probably more. Hard to believe we find ourselves looking at a root and branch rebuild again this summer, for whichever league we find ourselves in.

Daniel Taylor
@DTathletic

Replying to
@Paul_2673

@loose_tip
and
@DavidJo05034174
They told me: - new state-of-art training ground - Champs Lg facilities in 5 years - playing in Europe in 5 years - Miracle Gates (announced Sep ‘17) to go up straight away - club would act in all cases ‘with values of old school Arsenal’ I’m a fool, genuinely. I believed it.

Don’t think they’ve intentionally misled, it’s just proved to be a lot harder than they thought.
Plus there comes a point when you stop throwing money down the drain especially if you’re going to sell up.