Match Thread: Swansea City vs Chelsea | Vital Football

Match Thread: Swansea City vs Chelsea

Don't expect us to get anything from this one, no Fernandez, who I reckon has been our best defender in the last few months. Mawson has come on a bit, but Fernandez is the one that looks the most composed at the back. van der Hoorn does the grafting work but Fernandez is looking quality again.

if we have to go to a back 4, lets not sit back is it. get at them, press them, get the 2 ayew's working their socks off and put their back 3 under pressure and force mistakes.

Pre-match stats:
  • Swansea City have drawn 3 of their 6 home games against Chelsea
  • 5 of the 10 goals conceded at home against Chelsea were in 1 game
  • The Swans are unbeaten in their last 5 home games, winning 4 of them. Avoiding a defeat would equal a club record of 6 unbeaten in the Premier League.
  • Chelsea are 7 Premier League matches now without a clean sheet.
  • Swansea could become the first side outside of the top 6 to achieve wins against 3 of the top 6, after home wins against Arsenal and Liverpool.
  • Swansea’s top goalscorer Jordan Ayew has scored 7 Premier League goals this season, all scored in the second half.
  • Olivier Giroud has 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games at the Liberty Stadium.

nowhere near good enough today, are we in a relegation battle or what? Chelsea were average and we gifted them a win with that error for their goal. I'm glad Ki is out of contract this Summer

Our problem, as it’s been all season, is finding the net.
It’s all very well playing five at the back but if you don’t attack you don’t score, and yesterday we were at it again, sideways and back passing with no attacking intent.
I must mention that horrible ref Jon Moss, who once again did his best for the opposition, and has previous against us, most recently being instrumental in getting Jordan sent off at Huddersfield.
So here we are with three games left and now only one point away from a relegation spot.
Next up Bournemouth away on Saturday, and a desperate struggle to get some points there, somewhere where we always struggle.
Then we face a resurgent Southampton at home on the following Tuesday night before closing the season at home to Stoke (who drew at Liverpool yesterday) a few days later.
Can we get points from these last three matches ? If so, Huddersfield could come into the equation. They are two points ahead of us but have a horrible finish, Man C away, Chelsea away, and Arsenal home, and they have only scored two goals in the last six matches - the same as us.

was Jon Moss the assistant at huddersfield then to help the decision for Oliver to send Ayew off? Explains a lot if he was.

I've a horrible feeling we won't do it, I see a lot more fight in stoke and southampton, and even 2 draws against them might not be enough as we never win at bournemouth. we always get a good pasting at their place usually because they playing good, open attacking football and we just, dont.

performance levels are dropping game by game, tactics aren't changing and I'm not convinced that carvalhal has what it takes to turn things around, we seem to be sliding with no hope of of getting back up.

Our problem, as it’s been all season, is finding the net.
It’s all very well playing five at the back but if you don’t attack you don’t score, and yesterday we were at it again, sideways and back passing with no attacking intent.
I must mention that horrible ref Jon Moss, who once again did his best for the opposition, and has previous against us, most recently being instrumental in getting Jordan sent off at Huddersfield.
So here we are with three games left and now only one point away from a relegation spot.
Next up Bournemouth away on Saturday, and a desperate struggle to get some points there, somewhere where we always struggle.
Then we face a resurgent Southampton at home on the following Tuesday night before closing the season at home to Stoke (who drew at Liverpool yesterday) a few days later.
Can we get points from these last three matches ? If so, Huddersfield could come into the equation. They are two points ahead of us but have a horrible finish, Man C away, Chelsea away, and Arsenal home, and they have only scored two goals in the last six matches - the same as us.

Got to be far more positive from the start at Bournemouth and look for our first ever win against AFCB. The back 5 system is holding us back now, but he could at least make it more attacking by moving Clucas and Andre further up with Jordan. I thought both were far too deep and left Jordan isolated up top in a crowd of Chelsea players.