Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 45 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Loved to see MA reaction at the final whistle. You don't see it very often but he clearly felt that emotion after a long season.

Definitely a game of two halves. A total emotional rollercoaster! I didn’t sit down for 70 minutes on the game.

Not sure the balance of the team was right for the first half - Sunderland in my opinion were a dirty team, lots of heavy, late tackles - but MApp did the right thing at half time. Then it was a totally different game.

Hopefully Johnson learns from his yellow card but to be honest it was nothing worse than Sunderlands attempts at trying to get a penalty. We made it hard for ourselves (team and fans) though by missing the penalty and then McGrandles missing with his shot with only the keeper to beat! But we defended resolutely for the last 15 minutes and got over the line.

For me the second half team is the starting 11 for next weekends final. Walsh - Bridcutt - Grant being the link through the middle of the team. Fingers crossed all season ticket holders get a seat! 🤞🏻

Up the Imps 🔴⚪

Was too intoxicated and emotional to come on here yesterday.
But I would like to ask two questions.
1/ who would you rather have as Manager
Appleton or Johnson?
2/ who would you rather have in your team
Hopper or Wyke?

The answer to those questions was key to the Imps getting to Wembley.

Was too intoxicated and emotional to come on here yesterday.
But I would like to ask two questions.
1/ who would you rather have as Manager
Appleton or Johnson?
2/ who would you rather have in your team
Hopper or Wyke?

The answer to those questions was key to the Imps getting to Wembley.
McGrandles or McGeady?
Walsh or White?

Couple of good stats Sky dug out .
Youngest average age in the division (we kind of thought but to see it confirmed that it wasn’t Gillingham 😅 )
Johnson the highest scoring teenager in the league (with Greenwood)

Johnsons dive anyone?

Presumably far less scandalous, disgusting, evil, cheating, etc. etc.than Szmodics 3 weeks ago?
I feel as rough as fuck this morning but I remember the dive. I said he is lucky if he does not get a yellow for that - and then he did

Couple of good stats Sky dug out .
Youngest average age in the division (we kind of thought but to see it confirmed that it wasn’t Gillingham 😅 )
Johnson the highest scoring teenager in the league (with Greenwood)

They also mentioned during the last game, we have played the joint most games in English Football. Now we are in the final I think we may end up playing 1 more than the next closest team. Which is, considering the squad size quite outstanding.

Actually couldn’t bear to watch the final 5+ minutes of injury time so was walking around in a very anxious state.

Johnsons dive anyone?

Presumably far less scandalous, disgusting, evil, cheating, etc. etc.than Szmodics 3 weeks ago?

He did get booked for it, unlike Szmodics, and didn't win a penalty.

However, Salisbury was lenient with his petulance late on, delaying their free kick and he could have been sent off, but I appreciate your advocacy for the Devil.

Johnsons dive anyone?

It was disgusting to be fair. You don't want to see that.

I'm glad he got a yellow and as others have said I hope Appleton tells him that's not how we want to play.