Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

The other thing that concerns me, and has all season, is the number of free kicks we give away in the last third. We really need to limit that today. It's probably a vain hope though as Liam especially is going to patrol that area and not give any quarter.

The most important match we've ever played in my lifetime (imo) was at home to Macc along with every other match played that season when we returned to the league. There is no prize in football that has as much significance especially when you could see absolutely no way of ever getting back. Everything else is a bonus.
It was a scary season throughout because we didn't know the outcome until near the end.

The other thing that concerns me, and has all season, is the number of free kicks we give away in the last third. We really need to limit that today. It's probably a vain hope though as Liam especially is going to patrol that area and not give any quarter.
Yeah has cost us a few goals and Wyke and co will be going to ground at every opportunity.

don’t like doing this but £100 on sunderland to win tie at 4.3. will forget about that now and log in to the account in a few weeks time.

Don't forget your warm up match today on BT Sports is Binfield v Warrington Rylands in the FA Vase final at 1215hrs.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but can audio ifollow passes be bought for today's game? I understand video won't be on ifollow but wasn't sure about audio?

Can't be too many away games we've failed to score this season?
Fleetwood (0-0), Doncaster (0-1), Accrington (0-0), and Hull (0-0) in the league plus the FA Cup at Plymouth (0-2) when the 'cup team' played.

EDIT:
Q: what do the four league games listed above have in common?
A: Scully didn't start.

Therefore, every time Scully has started away from home, Lincoln have scored.

Last edited:
Will I feel sick! I've played the game through in my head a million times with every single disastrous and dream scenario I can think of! Time feels like it's going backwards. I always feel so much more nervous watching on the TV.

Fully expecting at least 90 minutes of tortute, but I'll quite happily sit through it all if we can come out of it with a trip to Wembley to look forward to!

Fans over on the sunderland forums are saying they need a miracle. I'm not sure how up to date these valuations are, but

Sunderland £14.6 million vs Lincoln City £4.93 million

and they are saying THEY need a miracle

puuuuuurlease!

They'll do well to remember we managed the same points in the league as they did despite having as many players out with injury.....maybe they do need a miracle :lol:

UP THE IMPS!

Fans over on the sunderland forums are saying they need a miracle. I'm not sure how up to date these valuations are, but

Sunderland £14.6 million vs Lincoln City £4.93 million

and they are saying THEY need a miracle

puuuuuurlease!

They'll do well to remember we managed the same points in the league as they did despite having as many players out with injury.....maybe they do need a miracle :lol:

UP THE IMPS!

They also have a thread on there suggesting they should pinch MA if they fail to go up!

I’ve just had to be told it’s 3:30 kick off!! There was me planning for a 5:30 kick off.
That may have been the best way to view. Take the joy or misery in one hit when you turned the TV on. Then again you might have timed it for a sudden death penalty about to be taken.