Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

I thought Sunderland were the better side throughout and we did well to disrupt their attacks but struggled to maintain possession out of defence. That is draining at any level. This is now the crux of the season. Two key players injured and some looking very tired. Johnson needs a couple of weeks off as he has become sluggish and quite frankly annoying! Jones has to step up and I was impressed with the Saunders debut this evening. We have not really had a bad run yet and there is always one in a season! Just saying.

Lost it when we scored, gets jobs way above his ability thanks to who his dad is, agree.
In his defence, it was quite clearly their throw. The goal did come in the next phase of play, although after a fair gap. However, plenty of managers would more likely be asking questions of what happened between the throw and the goal.

I thought Sunderland were the better side throughout and we did well to disrupt their attacks but struggled to maintain possession out of defence. That is draining at any level. This is now the crux of the season. Two key players injured and some looking very tired. Johnson needs a couple of weeks off as he has become sluggish and quite frankly annoying! Jones has to step up and I was impressed with the Saunders debut this evening. We have not really had a bad run yet and there is always one in a season! Just saying.
We have had 2 bad runs this season already. Losing to Doncaster then Portsmouth and the other bad run was losing to Sunderland and then Shrewsbury

Think we’ve benefited from playing games without the pressure of league points
Can’t recall any injuries from pizza games and with the Covid break we are still behind a ‘normal’ season?
I think early rounds at least is a benefit to give squad players competitive minutes

That was an incredibly bias commentary from sky they were desperate for us to lose.
Embarrassing and disgusting, sadly you knew they'd favour the team who used to hopeless in the top flight against a bunch of former non league chancers.
The only time they raised their voices above a soporific drone was when Sunderland scored. Dreadful. Hortin can breathe (heavily) again!

For me the crucial bit was when the Sky commentator, at the start of the shootout announced that Imps had won their last 3 penalty shootouts and Sunderland had lost theirs. I knew at that point the kiss of death had been well and truly planted on the Imps lips....
Poxy commentators...

For me the crucial bit was when the Sky commentator, at the start of the shootout announced that Imps had won their last 3 penalty shootouts and Sunderland had lost theirs. I knew at that point the kiss of death had been well and truly planted on the Imps lips....
Poxy commentators...

It would have been worse if Hortin had said it, in fact I don't think we would have scored a single penalty. Imagine all the negative comments he would have received.

Last edited:
Who were the ultra boring commentators last night?

Well Danny Gabbidon was their "expert" in the commentary. He also did the Peterborough game too and he's awful, though you could say that about most ex-pros in that seat.

And they had Gary O'Neil and Keith Andrews in the studio with David Prutton.

This is what I don't understand about why anyone thought there was a perceived "bias" against Lincoln. All those are completely neutral, we got the big build up, which the team did not live up to unfortunately.

If people want to hear nice, comforting things that don't reflect reality that's what the local press is for.

From the moments I can stomach from listening to the sky audio. I don’t think there were biased but they were just not that charismatic or endearing.

A load of smug ex footballers who fall into the oh remember them were they footballers once? Who did they play for?