Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Anyone else a bit surprised though with our penalty takers?

I assume Grant was 5 but you'd have thought Jones would have taken one with his dead ball ability.

Anyway.......onward to Wigan who we need to take out any frustration on

Yeah I thought it was a pretty even game. Only real concern was how tired the players looked so early on and now with new injuries to Anderson and Walsh we're looking at a thread bare squad.

Had we not been to Wembley a couple of years ago I think I would have been more gutted, and mor importantly we have the league to focus on. Also, a bit shit because no fans can go to the final which is the real stinker.

true this is not a year for a national final

Very frustrating game. Unfortunately for us Brennans form has dipped in the last few games. Not surprising though as he’s so young. Once Hopper and Edun came off it was clear we were looking to run the game down.
Our attacking strength is starting to wane so we must really dig deep now especially with the injuries. Wigan really is the most important match of the season. Game on.

Not happy. Not at all.

I suppose I better expand on this before I get told to "get a life" again.

For the second game in a row, whether we deserved to win or not, we have thrown away a lead.

Of course, another way to look at it is, they have a budget, probably 4 or 5 times higher than ours, if not more, and they should be embarrassed that we took them to penalties.

After we scored there was a period of about 10 minutes when Sunderland started getting balls in from their right, couple of near misses then the goal. Couldn't get the ball for a while after that but still could/ should have nicked it at the end.

Thought there were plenty of positives from that display but we did look flat late on.

Shoot out is always a bit of a lottery.

Important to get a win on Saturday against a team who have just been battered, feels like we're at a defining point of the season.

Daft comment, this pointless trophy has not only got our first Wembley appearance but has provided vital funds, also gives lower league teams chance of some silverware.

Gutted to be knocked out after those penalties.

In the grand scheme of things it feels like quite an unnecessary distraction this year given that no one can attend the final as they’ve stupidly organised it in mid March.

I suppose I better expand on this before I get told to "get a life" again.

For the second game in a row, whether we deserved to win or not, we have thrown away a lead.

Of course, another way to look at it is, they have a budget, probably 4 or 5 times higher than ours, if not more, and they should be embarrassed that we took them to penalties.

when we have played other sides I have nothing to fear but Sunderland seem to bogey side and we always seem to get the wrong result. If we can take a point up there in the league I would be happy.

I still don’t understand why Sunderland are not top with their resource

After we scored there was a period of about 10 minutes when Sunderland started getting balls in from their right, couple of near misses then the goal. Couldn't get the ball for a while after that but still could/ should have nicked it at the end.

Thought there were plenty of positives from that display but we did look flat late on.

Shoot out is always a bit of a lottery.

Important to get a win on Saturday against a team who have just been battered, feels like we're at a defining point of the season.
Every league game now is the defining point.

Bigger picture thought we played decent stuff with the new lads
More interested in the league game up there
Can honestly say didn’t feel anything when they got the winner