Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Sunderland v Lincoln City

Very even game and if come away with a 1-1 in the league we'd be delighted.

Some positives with Sanders looking pretty decent and overall some cobwebs from Sunday blown away for Palmer and Bramhall.

Concentrate on the league as they say

ironic. thought we lost that game psychologically as soon as we sat back after scoring. played them in and gave them the momentum and confidence. allowing them to pass the ball around at will - which is their comfort zone.
i hate that tactic.

It wasn't to be for the plucky underdog, Lincoln WMC. The north eastern goliath were pushed hard by "The Draymen", who came up a little short from the spot.
However, they are still in with a shot in the Newark Alliance Division 1.

Think a day, or two, off is needed. The lads look a bit jaded the last 2 games.

Well, as disappointing as it is to get knocked out we can hardly say we deserved to go through.

We played poorly in a pretty rotten game and Sunderland overall were a little better. Their makeshift defence was put under no pressure and for the first time this season we looked out of gas and ideas in the last quarter, which is concerning.

We can only hope they use this to put things together in the next few league games.

Forget the penalties, the width of the crossbar between the 2 teams. The real concern was the amount of players who looked knackered. That showed itself in the lack of pressure applied to them in possession and sloppy use of the ball so many times when we had it.

We could do with some of that snow back to give us a week off!

Hopefully Wigan will be a game we can dominate the ball and spend less energy chasing them around trying to get it back

I think if MA had wanted to win that one at all costs he keeps Hopper on...

I agree we gave it a good go but we play the long game.

By the time sunlan get out of this league more of their players will have grey hair.

if the reports are correct that McGready earns £20k a week. I bet that would pay for half our team

Yeah I thought it was a pretty even game. Only real concern was how tired the players looked so early on and now with new injuries to Anderson and Walsh we're looking at a thread bare squad.

Had we not been to Wembley a couple of years ago I think I would have been more gutted, and mor importantly we have the league to focus on. Also, a bit shit because no fans can go to the final which is the real stinker.