Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City

We have a dreadful away record this season, need to sort this out as soon as possible. Please not another end to a season like Tilson's. Come on City, we are better than this.

We're still 15 points above the relegation zone so I wouldn't say we're in big trouble. Can see attendances drying up a bit before the end of the season though if we keep playing like this.
It was really flat Tuesday, quietest it's been all season.

played well for 5 minutes.
shambolic for the rest. let them back in, even after we scored.
on pitch mindset seems to be following the overall club thinking, 'next season' - which to me is quite dangerous.

Poor result but both Tranmere and Wimbledon lost so we are not in too much trouble yet but we do need to get something out of the next two home games to ease furrowed brows

Been out all day and finally get the radio on as they score their 1st. What I was hearing was deeply concerning. No cohesion, what sounded like f*ing around at the back again and a Southend side pouring forward. We then suddenly begin to play for 10 mins and gain an equaliser from Harry. What happens, we forget the basics of keeping tight and concede yet another sloppy set piece goal. No idea how we played for the first hour but looking at the BBC stats indicates not very well. Starting to get worried now. No goal scorer and very much boys against men. Rotherham on Friday needs a huge effort. UTI

Remember when we needed just 3 points to stay up from 11 games? Well with the way things are going we are in a relegation battle and I can see it happening again. Today was a must win, too many changes to the team, Appleton has said he was in full control of players leaving and I think we should of maybe kept some and let them leave for free in the summer. We have ripped the team to pieces and replaced them with Inexperienced players. Rotherham will be hungry to play us right now.

What can I say, other than Southend are another of our bogey teams and how bad are we that we cannot beat a team that have not won a home game all season. Still, we must stick by the lads and keep encouraging them. MA has a heap of work to do to try and get these players to gel over the next couple of weeks. Did I hear talk of an out of contract striker being signed in the next couple of days.

At least most of the teams below us lost. Yes, yes, we cant always rely on that happening.
Who will be the new signing
Roy of the Rovers, out of retirement.
Billy and his magical boots?

Wycombe always seem to finish last don't they?
I know there was a good reason Tuesday but it seems to be every game.

Only followed remotely today but sometimes it's better to take what you have rather than go all out for it when you get a late equaliser.
Things like that come with experience

Been out all day and finally get the radio on as they score their 1st. What I was hearing was deeply concerning. No cohesion, what sounded like f*ing around at the back again and a Southend side pouring forward. We then suddenly begin to play for 10 mins and gain an equaliser from Harry. What happens, we forget the basics of keeping tight and concede yet another sloppy set piece goal. No idea how we played for the first hour but looking at the BBC stats indicates not very well. Starting to get worried now. No goal scorer and very much boys against men. Rotherham on Friday needs a huge effort. UTI

Number of goals from set pieces must be a sad watch