Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Should've Gone To Specsavers - Southend United v Lincoln City:

Information about the match officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/shouldve-gone-to-specsavers-southend-united-v-lincoln-city/

"As supporters, we need to get behind our players, not those who earn their living elsewhere.":

"As supporters, we need to get behind our players, not those who earn their living elsewhere. You might find it'll give them a boost and as a consequence let them settle quicker and their potential comes to fruition that bit sooner."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...rs-not-those-who-earn-their-living-elsewhere/

"He also seems to be the sort of manager where it's all about him." (Who Are Ya?):

"There has been some improvement in the results department, but he also seems to be the sort of manager where it's all about him. Time will tell if Sol is the right man."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/he-also-seems-to-be-the-sort-of-manager-where-its-all-about-him/

MA: "It's an opportunity now for the other players in the team.":

Summary of the press conference with Michael Appleton.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/ma-its-an-opportunity-now-for-the-other-players-in-the-team/

Looking forward to tomorrow, arriving via Liverpool Street with a return via Fenchurch Street. With all these new arrivals will print off the names and numbers, a bit like who’s who. I’ll leave the programme, more money for a pint of eels.

Possibly two versions of the match programme tomorrow with the changes to both squads. One might become a collectors item in about 50 odd years

Probably just be a printed extra bit of paper in reality

Can't get there today as my lad has an applicant day at a Uni he's had an offer from for next year and I'll be there instead
Safe travels to all going
This is one we should win but with our away form as it is anything is possible.
Southend are in a real mess both on and off the field and will have a few youngsters playing it seems. Need to start on the front foot. You almost feel as if whoever scores first today will win. An early goal for us could open the floodgates.

Whatever happens everyone keep the faith

Has there been any more pressure on us to get a result this season than there is today?

Has there been any more pressure on us to get a result this season than there is today?
Maybe when we played Bolton the other week but we came thru that okay with our preferred team playing.
Today we'll have some kids in. We'll be expected to win, on paper, but if we don't it will be understandable with the changes forced upon us.

I guess I’m thinking about the social media meltdown I’m expecting to read from 5pm if we lose. I’ll probably stay away from it. Hopefully a non-issue though fingers crossed.

Maybe when we played Bolton the other week but we came thru that okay with our preferred team playing.
Today we'll have some kids in. We'll be expected to win, on paper, but if we don't it will be understandable with the changes forced upon us.
We are a team in transition so expectation has been reset lower.
As long as those jellied eels are cooked correctly and we pick up at least a point then i will be a happy man at 5pm.
I will arrange for your eels to be despatched by post so they should arrive in Yorkshire by Monday morning!

Definitely nervous about today. They will look at our away record and youthful team and think they have a great chance for 3 points, so I'm expecting them to come at us fast from the start. If we try to 'impose' our usual ponderous away set up we may find ourselves behind very quickly. I hope we approach it more like a home game and take it to them, but I'm not going to put money on it.

Definitely nervous about today. They will look at our away record and youthful team and think they have a great chance for 3 points, so I'm expecting them to come at us fast from the start. If we try to 'impose' our usual ponderous away set up we may find ourselves behind very quickly. I hope we approach it more like a home game and take it to them, but I'm not going to put money on it.
Same here. Draw today. Doubt they have enough to beat us, but equally not sure where goals are going to come from for us.