Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City

Another local one for me, setting off in a minute. With all the "in's and out's" I've got no idea what the line-up's likely to be. I get the impression some of these lads have barely had time to say hello to each other never mind train together. Although I guess only those registered by midday yesterday will be eligible?

If ever we needed an early goal to settle the nerves, today's the day.

Looking forward to it - as I was against Gillingham!

Come on you Imps!!

Re: where the goals are going to come from, I would put Anderson and John-Jules as our main threats (plus Hopper maybe). It'd be nice if the centre-backs could chip in, but that doesn't seem to happen any more!

We are a team in transition so expectation has been reset lower.
As long as those jellied eels are cooked correctly and we pick up at least a point then i will be a happy man at 5pm.
I will arrange for your eels to be despatched by post so they should arrive in Yorkshire by Monday morning!
Mmmm. Thanks, can't wait.
They sound about as appetising as tripe and onions.:sick::LOL:

I guess I’m thinking about the social media meltdown I’m expecting to read from 5pm if we lose. I’ll probably stay away from it. Hopefully a non-issue though fingers crossed.

Thing is skip you cant immune anyone from criticism. If we lose today it will be dissected on here and other websites as to why that has happened. It will be people's personal opinions that will bound to include criticism and let's face it there aren't many people who think we should lose today so that heightens the expectations. I, and am sure the vast majority on here will always give my honest opinion and if that includes criticism then that will be because the team and manager in my opinion deserve it whether we win or lose.
Anyway let's not have any negativity we are going to get the 3 points today with a good positive performance with Hopper netting on his return to his former club. UTI.

Afternoon, Team Match Thread! Still positive about this one, Southend have had some major comings and goings this window too and are by no means a settled or confident side.

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!

Thing is skip you cant immune anyone from criticism. If we lose today it will be dissected on here and other websites as to why that has happened. It will be people's personal opinions that will bound to include criticism and let's face it there aren't many people who think we should lose today so that heightens the expectations. I, and am sure the vast majority on here will always give my honest opinion and if that includes criticism then that will be because the team and manager in my opinion deserve it whether we win or lose.
Anyway let's not have any negativity we are going to get the 3 points today with a good positive performance with Hopper netting on his return to his former club. UTI.

Yes. I’m not talking about that really I criticise too. I’m talking about abusive insulting name calling stuff. I’m not really talking about Vitals by the way. Twitter can be a depressing place.

Well off to somewhere called DFS soon with Mrs Buckielugger. Apparently they've got a rare sale on and she'd like something to seat on at last.