Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

It baffles me. The sooner we offload Maguire and McGrandles, and rebuild that midfield, the better.
Nothing wrong with McGrandles IMO. He's had to carry the midfield on his own all season playing with that many different players. Probably sacrificed himself more than anyone, which had led to an average season for him compared to last.

Think he'll leave, mind.

FT. ZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry to be a moaner but that was one of the most uninspiring second half performances I’ve seen from us this season, and that’s saying something. No urgency whatsoever. No passion & drive. No skill in and around the opposition penalty area & no desire or bravery to take on the defenders or put them under any pressure. No movement. Half the team were unfit - injuries and cramp. You could see a Shrews goal coming & they didn’t deserve it, apart from the fact they actually had a shot at goal. Very disappointing. As I’ve said before, I don’t mind losing to a better team or when we put in a battling or skilful performance. That was neither. With any luck we’ve secured our L1 status but I think MA and JG need to take a long hard look at the playing group over the summer as there are some that really haven’t earned their places. I felt sorry for Jordan Wright- I thought he’d had a really good game and deserved another clean sheet. I’d be very happy with him as our No1 next year.

Nothing wrong with McGrandles IMO. He's had to carry the midfield on his own all season playing with that many different players. Probably sacrificed himself more than anyone, which had led to an average season for him compared to last.

Think he'll leave, mind.

I fear he will leave. Maybe he's waiting to see for certain which league we're in before he commits.

Just a nothing outfit aren’t we this season? Lessons learnt and an overhaul in the summer.

Last we see off Jacko and Bramall? I won’t be losing any sleep, the later is pretty useless isn’t he.
Not that many you'd say are definite ones you'd keep, which is always a worry. BNC aside, loans have on the whole been terrible this season and offered very, very little.

That was just a re-run of the Wimbledon game but with a different result.

Absolutely dreadful match which we, in the end, deservedly lost, but deary me. They only looked threatening from corners and we only looked dangerous... well, we didn't look dangerous at all.

The only players to come out of that with any sort of credit were Wright, Bramall and Whittaker, and none of that's really saying much, but you can't single anyone out one way or the other when you witness such a half-arsed blundering team effort like that.

In the first half we were dull, in the second half simply dire.

I hope there's a major reset in the summer. If possible we need a 2020-style squad revision and replace a dozen or so players.

It baffles me. The sooner we offload Maguire and McGrandles, and rebuild that midfield, the better.
Offload McGrandles? The lad will be close to player of the season. Even on an off day the lad never stops or hides. He's played most of the season in the wrong position because the rest have been shit or laying on the threadbare treatment table!