Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

I'm sorry to keep mentioning it but the Fishy is just pure entertainment tonight.
Someone just mentioned Cowley as their next manager......fcuks sake, as if.
I actually dribbled. Unfortunately not like zak but in my underwear!!!
If you are on a mission to to join possibly the most backward forward thinking club in the country, with an owner that hasn't got a clue but wont leave because of the amount of money hes owed, that play in a sh!thole next to the freezing North Sea and if you have a decent reputation and want to totally trash it then Grimsby Town is the club for you...👍

Sounded like we were bloody brilliant on the radio. Great to see Elbouzedi and Howarth turn in good shifts and get a goal each.

Sounded like Montsma and Jones were precautions so should be good to go on Saturday.

McGrandles taken off with a twinge in his calf but MA didn't sound too worried.

Just to twist things a little, a couple of Shrewsbury players caught my eye; one was the goal-scorer Shliow Tracy, who was a handful and the other was the 19 year-old Czech on loan from Brentford, Jan Zamburek, who played on their left. He looks a good prospect and it will be interesting to see how his career develops with Brentford over the next few years.

Tracy is a 21 year old on loan from Tottenham, so I presume that means he has played with TJ. He was also on loan last year at Macclesfield, so probably played with Archibald, but that means he has only played around a dozen professional games before today.

It is interesting that Shrewsbury's two best players are loanees. I wonder whether either were on our radar during the summer?

It was notable that the two Shrewsbury fans that did the pre-match questionnaire on this forum didn’t know any of our players. I imagine they do now.

Any attendance figure given?
Looking at a picture of their fans sat in the stand, it looks 300 to 400 but hard to count properly.

It wasn't. Nothing but free-flowing football, intricate passing routines, lightening quick counter attacks, decorum, aplomb, style, silky smooth interplay and a running ethic worthy of Olympic athletes.

Pretty routine Lincoln all round really.
That's an understated summary.

Noticed we also weren't averse to a bit of Man City style counter-attack thwarting. (ie a sneaky, or for McGrandles' booking, bleeding obvious foul to interrupt the flow.)

And the night’s got even better... Manure knocked out of the Champs League!

All part of the masterplan I reckon.
They get knocked out of the Champions League.
Now they go into the Europa League and when then they get dumped out of that aswell they go into the mighty Europa Conference League....pretty sure Grimsby qualified for that on the grounds that Grimsby is opposite Holland across the North Sea :bs:

Plaudits from Shrews Forum: best away team so far, scary how superior they are, training game for Lincoln, thank goodness we wont be playing them again in the near future! Is that not music to our ears?

I should be out celebrating and raising a glass with my last day in uniform after 40 years service.

But will settle for a performance like that, absolutely fantastic to watch. We may not be in the ground but this is the second best thing and grateful to IFollow. Some crazy football on display and just hope all this hard work pays off for everyone connected with LCFC, players, supporters, directors and a big shout out for MApp, I never doubted him. He knew what he wanted when he came and knew how to implement it. Never thought I would see consistent football like this from a Lincoln team. I raise a glass to you all, a good footballing day but tinged with a little sadness.

Congratulations. Good luck for whatever you’re doing next 👍

Well, that was rather good tonight. Decided to stump up a tenner and worth every penny. If it looks that good on an ipad, back at the Bank will be something very special.