Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Just a few comments with a difference of opinion from your own.

Thought John Jules was a real class act and his ability to play passes into his team mates was exceptional.As soon as he received possession he had already visioned the next pass and executed it well.( eg Walker`s chance on highlights)
Up against some tough defenders he didn`t hide and was decent in the air.
This new lad could be a perfect foil for Walker but yesterday our wide positions supplied little service from the flanks and that needs to improve to get the best out of our strikers.(best opportunities yesterday were from shots from distance)

To me Coventry had a quieter contribution and seemed to occupy the same ground as Morrell on some occasions keeping deep and not looking to be a threat moving forward(,it`s early days).Unfortunate to give the pen.away and also pick up a yellow in a game of crunching tackles in which our small sized midfielders were out muscled in the challenges in the air and on the ground.(MOC would have relished the battle.)
Elbouzedi showed flashes of skill and if we can get Eardley further forward then our new winger will benefit from that support as opposed to lone attacking down the right hand side.
One game seeing the new prospects perform was very encouraging.(second half weather conditions were poor.)
Relishing the game Tuesday but the weather forecast gain is horseshit for Lincoln,40mph winds and rain............could spoil it a bit?
Love to put Bolton to the sword,as we all would.

So there's a chance that the weather on Tuesday could lead to the game being called off just before kick off?
Or better still abandoned just after halftime when all the Bolton fans will then lose any ticket refund.

Think I'll split the difference!

TJJ was good on the ground but after getting monstered for his first aerial challenge he was understandably tentative thereafter; build and height suggested it's not his thing anyway.

Coventry seemed to allow Morrell to break forward more often, similar to when MOC is playing. Thought I saw a yellow waved his way, for a challenge which wasnt a foul, summed joke ref up, and wasnt listed on BBC or OS reports

Cov's booking was listed in the club's official match report (but yes was missing on the bbc one)