Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Satisfied with a draw but really should have won, unlucky to hit the bar twice - their keeper MOM says it all.
Referee was shocking. Hesketh was done by a two footed tackle. Red card all day long but didn’t even give a foul - put Hesketh out the game. Gave us little all game so can only assume our pen was a stone waller - opposite end to us

Satisfied with a draw but really should have won, unlucky to hit the bar twice - their keeper MOM says it all.
Referee was shocking. Hesketh was done by a two footed tackle. Red card all day long but didn’t even give a foul - put Hesketh out the game. Gave us little all game so can only assume our pen was a stone waller - opposite end to us

I would need to see it again but not sure if it was a red. It was definitely a foul though that we didn’t get.

I would say the Hesketh sub actually made us more positive as the lad that game on had a more direct approach to help us gain space which Jake couldn’t do. Nothing against Hesketh but he’s not an RM.

If you look at the stats the ref evened it up fouls wise. First half it was 12-3 on fouls against us but it finished 15-11 I think. Shoes that we were more on the front foot.

In hindsight arguably could have had an extra 4-6 points on the road as performance wise we have deserved a bit better than our away form suggests.

That was a really young side today and you can tell 🍎 is desperate to improve the team technically and physically and excited in doing so. I think we’ll be alright.

And the fourth successive game in which Walker has scored.
Can he make it five in a row against Bolton? The last player to score in five league games in a row was Simon Yeo, who scored in seven successive League Two games between 22 January 2005 and 22 February 2005. Gary Taylor-Fletcher also scored in five in a row that same season when he scored in the first five league games.

That was a really young side today and you can tell 🍎 is desperate to improve the team technically and physically and excited in doing so. I think we’ll be alright.
His eyes are absolutely gleaming in interviews at the moment - he is starting to mould the squad and the team in his own image. Prepare to wave goodbye to some old favourites.

His eyes are absolutely gleaming in interviews at the moment - he is starting to mould the squad and the team in his own image. Prepare to wave goodbye to some old favourites.

I think you’re right but which ones?

Pett seems a certainty. O’Connor is a potential but I’d keep him until June as the experienced, senior CM. Freck and Coker to go?

I would say we need some new CBs but not sure the market/finances would allow us to get rid and bring in during this window.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.
Very bad challenge on Hesketh who had been pretty well up until then. That should indeed have been a red card.
Ref kept ignoring fouls by them. Fortunately at least he did equalise up on penalties.
But very poor reffing from start to finish.

Was going to do a brief summary but this says it all, more succinctly.

I'd add that the new lads looked ok against an, ahem, "robust" side, Coventry impressed in midfield and lasted 90 mins, TJJ some good touches and and a lovely through ball for Walker's first half chance, Elbouzedi quick on the ball and full of running off it. All will have benefitted being part of a good team performance which deserved more than a point.

Back home after a windswept match. Really pleasing result today but also with performances across the board which were good to a man. Would have won on another day without their keeper who was excellent I thought and was their man of the match.
The two new lads did fine though you could clearly see that John-Jules was running on empty for his substitution. First sight of Elbouzadi also and he looks promising though I suspect many comments on him will be he needs to make a better decision in the last third similar to what is oft said about Harry A. Bags of pace though.
Overall a very good point today in windy conditions

I think you’re right but which ones?

Pett seems a certainty. O’Connor is a potential but I’d keep him until June as the experienced, senior CM. Freck and Coker to go?

I would say we need some new CBs but not sure the market/finances would allow us to get rid and bring in during this window.
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict for various reasons that we will have an entirely different back four starting next season.

New squad numbers - interesting they have given Conor Coventry (CC) the same number 20 as Callum Connolly (CC):

Don't know if it's been otherwise commented but this certainly confused the stadium announcer there who said Connelly was playing for us

12 at home 7 away left to play (crazy). 'Easiest' away fixtures remaining. Can we average 2 points per match for the rest of the season?

1101_Home_Away.jpg

Satisfied with a draw but really should ...........so can only assume our pen was a stone waller - opposite end to us

Listened to Radio Shrops coming home and there were no complaints about it from their manager or callers. Altho' their manager reckoned they should have had another in the first half

Thought MA sounded very upbeat and enthusiastic in his post-match interview, almost as though the project is starting to turn a little after what was basically a slow start i.e. out of the transfer window.

I have to say having seen it twice, I think we were very fortunate to get the penalty we did, Grant just looked to fall down to me, if it had been against us I wouldn’t of been happy with the man in the middle.

I have to say having seen it twice, I think we were very fortunate to get the penalty we did, Grant just looked to fall down to me, if it had been against us I wouldn’t of been happy with the man in the middle.

If you've only seen it via broadcast the TV pictures don't show their defenders arms pushing at head/shoulders level. Although we were all at the other end of the ground it looked pretty nailed on at the time from the angle I was at because of that . Theirs clearly also was a penalty every time