Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Lincoln City

Possibly the most disappointing signing of the season. So much ability but a headless chicken.
Not true at all. He was fantastic at the start of the season. He’s a pain for defenses with his constant running and pressing. Yes he needs a cooler head in their box but are you really saying he’s worse than Coker?

I hope we see a lot more of Payne with a bit more technical guidance that Appleton can bring.

Not true at all. He was fantastic at the start of the season. He’s a pain for defenses with his constant running and pressing. Yes he needs a cooler head in their box but are you really saying he’s worse than Coker?

I hope we see a lot more of Payne with a bit more technical guidance that Appleton can bring.

Maybe some new partners will bring out the best in him, too. New faces can mean new formations!

Can see JJ playing 10 or wide rather than out and out striker
I did think that until I saw Arteta's reasoning for him coming to Lincoln. Basically he said there were several other clubs including Championship that wanted him on loan but they were immediately dismissed on the grounds those clubs wanted to play him as a 10 or out wide. He has come to us on the understanding he is an out and out central striker.

Wouldn't have expected Anderson to be leaving but not O'Connor and Payne is an interesting one, especially the latter as he's had no history of an injury in his time here.

bringing them all in to the 18 is a good sign that they are better than what we have. which was what he said he would do