Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

DC don't sound happy, can't afford center back, desperate for a forward. No one going out, can't afford to lose anyone. "If we play like that we'll be relagated".

DC aims for 450 pre-season minutes.

Totals so far including Scunthorpe but excluding Derby U23:

510 Cian Bolger
495 Jack Payne
452 Harry Toffolo
448 Neal Eardley
433 Joe Morrell
417 Jason Shackell
407 Jorge Grant
364 John Akinde
347 Ellis Chapman, Josh Vickers
324 Bruno Andrade
287 Harry Anderson
223 Grant Smith
133 Alex Bradley
132 Jordan Adebayo-Smith
118 Michael O'Connor
105 Michael Bostwick
94 Tom Pett
17 Ben Sault

Trialists:
Impossible to tally minutes, but we have fielded the following numbers:

Lincoln United: 6 (5 + Bradley)
Gainsborough: 0
Leicester U23: 3 (2 + Bradley)
Sheff Wed: 4 (3 + Bradley)
Reading: 1 (Bradley)
Stoke: 0 (3 on the bench but none appeared)
Derby U23: n/k
Scunthorpe: 3 on the bench, of whom 2 appeared

I am not sure if it’s mind games but DC does seem rather agitated of late. I just hope the intensive nature of the passed 3 seasons is taking its toll.

Maybe we shouldn't have maxed out on central midfielders!
Indeed. The squad seems very unbalanced. Only 6 defenders and 2 strikers. All signings thus far have been midfielders. Was Danny banking on Bruno going for big money, but it's not happened?

O’Connor is still our most crucial midfielder. Nobody can offer the combativeness he brings - I very much doubt we will start Chapman and Morrell next week. I can see Chapman going out on loan again he needs competitive games down the pyramid for me.

I was going to attend this match, but I will be on here instead.

The alternative route East Midlands Trains sent me was stupid!

Jack 'You're a big man, but you're in bad shape' Carter made it to Scunthorpe by train, his return ticket should be still available.

I am not sure if it’s mind games but DC does seem rather agitated of late. I just hope the intensive nature of the passed 3 seasons is taking its toll.

I’m worried too- had to go back into the ground as lost my phone- walked past DC in conversation( not interview) with Michael H, Rob M and Mark W- just didn’t look happy at all but sadly I couldn’t hear much of their conversation!

Cor! That's a blast from the past.

I went too albeit I took a coach, that got stuck in the mud after the show. There was quite a hoopla about it as was straight after Live Aid. The tone was set by a band way down the bill called Hard Rain and it did for the most of the day. I remember seeing Elvis Costello getting a beer, I think he was going out with Pogues bass player at the time Cait O'Riordan.

Sounds a great gig !
Two of my favourite bands.

DC spelling out to Rob Makepeace that Bostwick was only going to play 45 minutes today and wasn't taken off because of injury, then Rob straight away questions whether it's worrying that Bostwick can't last more than 45. :slap:

He's not going down the Rob 'shouldn't you have played Drewe Broughton' Underwood route, is he?