Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Lincoln City

Good sense to bring in Slocombe, Wharton, Wilson, Gordon, Mensah, Chapman, Rhead, Green for this one, possibly Crookes may come in at left back? Enforcing 9 changes.

Is Luque able to be included? Sure this daft competition allowed loanees to return. He was an unused sub on Sat though.

Is Luque able to be included? Sure this daft competition allowed loanees to return. He was an unused sub on Sat though.

Yes, he can play. A bit worrying that he isn't getting much game time at Bromley, but even that is a two-division step-up from Heybridge.

Sounds like Scunthorpe will be going as strong as they can.

DC's said he'll be looking to rest the 30 Club and I imagine Akinde will also get a rest.

Pett to do 60 mins. and Freck for half an hour with O'Connor suspended? Can Gordon do a job at right back to give Eardley a rest? If Anderson plays rather than rested it may give us an indicator of going to 4-3-3 at the weekend.

Pett and Chapman in CM would be my guess, hence why Pett didn't start on Saturday so he can Freck and we cant play O'Connor cos he's banned.
Toffolo could be the only starter from Saturday.

Pett and Chapman in CM would be my guess, hence why Pett didn't start on Saturday so he can Freck and we cant play O'Connor cos he's banned.
Toffolo could be the only starter from Saturday.

Aren't there rules on starting a certain number of players from the last game, or something?

Aren't there rules on starting a certain number of players from the last game, or something?

We have to field a "full strength side". Now the EFL have spent some time trying to define "full strength" and as far as I can gather this means:

DpAkBPYXoAAIcS_.jpg

So we only need 4 outfield players to qualify from the above and then we can play who we like, can't see this presenting any problems...

Kick off is an hour away and the match threads last entry was 215pm.

Always want a City win but methinks not much interest in this one tonight

Kick off is an hour away and the match threads last entry was 215pm.

Always want a City win but methinks not much interest in this one tonight
Agreed, had we got something against Mansfield I think it would have been taken more seriously. OK we are the holders, but not many teams have won it back to back. Besides the league is far more important.

Full strength scum. Think this will be tough.

Our line up clearly shows where our priority lies this season. Will be good for game time for many which can only be a decent thing and possibly a run out for the two youth players on the bench late on

Surprised Anderson is starting i thought he looked "tired" after the first few minutes on saturday.