Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ? | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ?

Bit low on quality but plenty of endeavour from everyone. Cafu a bit disappointing this evening wonder if we'll see Garner & Yates on Friday I certainly hope so as I think they will make quite a dynamic duo in their own separate ways. I see Yates was made MOM by Keith Andrews on Sky so another one who actually thinks he's a decent player. Bit of daft reaction from Figuredo late on could have been costly, need to cut those things out.
Another 3 points from a tough game where we needed to match their physicality which now we are able to do where earlier in the season for whatever reason we didn't seem able to.

I'm really not convinced on cafu, is it just me ? Yates and garner on Friday is my hope.

Rotherham have pulled off a few surprises this season, and its easy to see why.

Describing them as physical is an understatement; they have all the subtlety of a Haitian Death Squad.

In games like that you have to go and win the physical battle before you play any football against them, and then it is not always possible.

Christie had a very good game but Joe got the MotM for me

Joe undoubtedly has more quality but I've been on Christie's case before so wanted to give him so kudos:

Nearly double the touches of any other player, having an outlet is so important.

Couple of shots, a key pass, won a couple of aerial duels, 5 dribbles, 2 successful tackles (nobody had more), 2 blocked shots (nobody else had any), as many crosses as Knockaert...

Joe undoubtedly has more quality but I've been on Christie's case before so wanted to give him so kudos:

Nearly double the touches of any other player, having an outlet is so important.

Couple of shots, a key pass, won a couple of aerial duels, 5 dribbles, 2 successful tackles (nobody had more), 2 blocked shots (nobody else had any), as many crosses as Knockaert...

Agree. It was almost like he wanted to prove he didnt need knocks

Christie was very good tonight, Yates was also the goal maybe shades it for me but can we have that from Christie every game. In contrast Bong was appalling lost the ball so many times, didn't stop a cross hope Ribs is back Friday.

Worrall or Christie motm for me. Sky tend to choose whoever scores whether they've been great or not.

Yates is a honest pro with a great attitude and work ethic, I don't think anyone would deny that. That doesn't mean he is technically up to scratch for a CM though, and the agility isn't there for that role either. I'm convinced he's a CH at this level if anything.

Did what we had to do tonight and matched up physically as well which has been a problem in the past.

We have shown signs of quality in the last few matches and tonight we showed the other side.

No doubt now that Hughton has turned it around so just a case of getting as high as possible this season and then kick on next season for a challenge led by a manager who knows what it’s all about.

Worrall or Christie motm for me. Sky tend to choose whoever scores whether they've been great or not.

Yates is a honest pro with a great attitude and work ethic, I don't think anyone would deny that. That doesn't mean he is technically up to scratch for a CM though, and the agility isn't there for that role either. I'm convinced he's a CH at this level if anything.

Thought cafu and yates were decent tonight. Feel that cafu and garner are sharper but full credit to yates for scoring cos neither cafu or garner look like they can.