Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ? | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match thread - Rotherham v Forest, must win ?

Worrall or Christie motm for me. Sky tend to choose whoever scores whether they've been great or not.

Yates is a honest pro with a great attitude and work ethic, I don't think anyone would deny that. That doesn't mean he is technically up to scratch for a CM though, and the agility isn't there for that role either. I'm convinced he's a CH at this level if anything.
100%

We will certainly be in a great position this summer to clear out a lot of loans and unwanted contracts. They key is if the club can, or want to try and offload the following contracts
Arter, Colback, Bong, Jenks, Bachirou and even Grabs and Cafu. Personally I think we are stuck with Bong, Jenks and Cafu, as the rest can be sold on.

Will we try and buy or re-loan Krov, Knocks and Garner? These will be sizeable fees and loan fees in the case of Garner
Offer Ameobi another year
Re-integrate Ioannu?

Brennan is back and goes into the match day squad. Lot's of interesting decisions to make before deciding who to purchase and loan in. We should focus on early work to finally get rid of the average players in this bloated squad

Joe undoubtedly has more quality but I've been on Christie's case before so wanted to give him so kudos:

Nearly double the touches of any other player, having an outlet is so important.

Couple of shots, a key pass, won a couple of aerial duels, 5 dribbles, 2 successful tackles (nobody had more), 2 blocked shots (nobody else had any), as many crosses as Knockaert...

Decent long throw on him too.

Talk of the play offs might be a bit much as loads on here would have us favourites for relegation had we lost.

2 more wins from the next 2, then a few draws or even a win & then maybe we can talk about play offs.

Worrall or Christie motm for me. Sky tend to choose whoever scores whether they've been great or not.

Yates is a honest pro with a great attitude and work ethic, I don't think anyone would deny that. That doesn't mean he is technically up to scratch for a CM though, and the agility isn't there for that role either. I'm convinced he's a CH at this level if anything.

youre convincing only yourself. ;)
To be fair tho, if we picked the team half you lot wanted woz, figs, cc and yates wouldnt be anywhere near it despite having one of the best defences in the league :)

Am still gutted about Arter. I was ecstatic when we got him, thinking we had brought in a proper player who would improve us massively. Shows what I know...
was an unwanted old player from a relagated side who wasnt wanted and we gave him a fortune to come have an easy life. Was pathetic from day one

We will certainly be in a great position this summer to clear out a lot of loans and unwanted contracts. They key is if the club can, or want to try and offload the following contracts
Arter, Colback, Bong, Jenks, Bachirou and even Grabs and Cafu. Personally I think we are stuck with Bong, Jenks and Cafu, as the rest can be sold on.

Will we try and buy or re-loan Krov, Knocks and Garner? These will be sizeable fees and loan fees in the case of Garner
Offer Ameobi another year
Re-integrate Ioannu?

Brennan is back and goes into the match day squad. Lot's of interesting decisions to make before deciding who to purchase and loan in. We should focus on early work to finally get rid of the average players in this bloated squad

Seems to me that CH knows what he wants from players which bodes well. Expect a smaller closer knit group next season whatever happens

Where are we in comparison to previous relegation battles?

After 32 games in these seasons we had, and were;

2004-2005 29pts; 23rd, 6 points from safety

2008-2009 34pts; 19th, 4 points from relegation

2011-2012 31pts; 20th, 3 points from relegation

2016-2017 36pts; 17th, 7 points from relegation

We currently have 39pts, 10 from relegation.

So, we are ahead of every previous relegation battle of the last decade or so. We are 10 points ahead of where we were when we were actually relegated.

We are only 3 ahead of our closest call, in 2017, but that is more to do with just how badly we did in those last 14 games; it was literally only at the end of the season where relegation became a concern

We are currently well placed. 3 wins and 3 draws from 14 will so the trick. A draw at Derby and a win against Luton are prime candidates for ticking off two of those six results we need