Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City | Page 29 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City

If you go with the geographical county, you can also include Sheridan Smith.

Matthew Flinders - famous navigator who mapped much of Australia and also sailed with Cook, I think (or possibly Bligh).

One of both Danny’s and Nicky's greatest strengths is that they genuinely care about the people they meet and work with
A trait not always seen in the cut throat management of professional football
Sometimes it’s the simplest of things that gets the best out of people
I’d imagine a good proportion of teachers and medical professionals have that in them

Agree totally on your point about the Cowleys being good managers of people but in addition DC is a top top motivator of men,and they are also really decent people in a sport full of overpaid knob ends and spoofers.

A key ingredient of a successful football manager is the ability to motivate and DC has got it in buckets.success after success..proven.

take a look back to their beginning
DC old times(Concord)...check it out
If you have ever heard DC in action in the dressing room in amongst his troops, it is a sight to behold.(check out below if interested)
3 bits in the clip
nick cowley on coach short interview.....still a player then
9.32 players chat and mad dance....must see.
10.55 DC in dressing room prior to final .....having a few words!
THIS VIDEO CONTAINS A LITTLE BLUE LANGUAGE

Last edited:

i wonder if this still resonates with danny...
if it still does, it should be on the playlist - or sung from the terraces.

Agree totally on your point about the Cowleys being good managers of people but in addition DC is a top top motivator of men,and they are also really decent people in a sport full of overpaid knob ends and spoofers.

A key ingredient of a successful football manager is the ability to motivate and DC has got it in buckets.success after success..proven.

take a look back to their beginning
DC old times(Concord)...check it out
If you have ever heard DC in action in the dressing room in amongst his troops, it is a sight to behold.(check out below if interested)
3 bits in the clip
nick cowley on coach short interview.....still a player then
9.32 players chat and mad dance....must see.
10.55 DC in dressing room prior to final .....having a few words!
THIS VIDEO CONTAINS A LITTLE BLUE LANGUAGE

So hope that Danny still hands out kisses to the likes of Bozzie Shacks and Eards lol

Remember doing it at Uni. I would struggle with it now and/or not have a clue these days.

Yes school & uni for me with it too.
Actually really liked it but years of rustiness soon set in.

Its all the AND OR NOT operations etc.
1+1=1 in Boolean algebra which was quite innovative! (and hope that's correct!!)

If you go with the geographical county, you can also include Sheridan Smith.

Matthew Flinders - famous navigator who mapped much of Australia and also sailed with Cook, I think (or possibly Bligh).

Ah yes Sheridan Smith from Epworth.
So better add the Wesleys in too going by that method...

John Inverdale is a Lincoln fan, although I think that's down to his involvement at Radio Lincs and Lincs Echo rather than growing up here.

Isaac Netwon was in charge of the Royal Mint for many years, so he was pretty much always at the bank. :lol:

He must have been coining it in back then !

Is there a living descendant of Isaac still with bags of cash that he could send our way?

Last edited:
Seriously? Boole invented Boolean logic that underpins the theory used to develop the very device you are typing on.

Banks was the founder president of the Royal Academy and served for decades in that role. Out of interest, he presided over the decision to establish convict colonies in Australia after Viriginia (the original destination) was lost after the American Revolution.
Banks has a building named after him in the city and has a great big portrait of him in the Usher.

Gutted I couldn't be there, but what a win! I was hoping for a draw but an away win and clean sheet is very very impressive.

Still only two games in so not trying to get too far ahead, but things are looking good. 44 points to go (though in reality 40 more will probably do it).