Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines

If we could only be consistent just for a few games we'd be up there ..we didn't have a clue really how to handle Millwall, yet turn it on against a good side..and we held out second half when they came at us...unlike last Wednesday...how Boro ended up will all their players on the pitch baffles me...we've had some crap in charge this season

I watched via motorised satellite & Boro are utter shit I know we played well & that stopped them but seriously.....

Slice of humble pie from me. When I saw the team to play Boro, I wasn't impressed.
AK got it absolutely spot on.
The team achieved a fabulous result and tactically we were excellent.
Lesson learned for me. In AK I trust. The man needs to be allowed to get on with his job and we should support him and the team, unconditionally.

This! It’s so easy to find negatives if that floats your boat. To those of that mindset, even if we get promoted it is only to be expected given the amount spent. Pulis is no mug, he got Stoke promoted and kept them there. Middlesbrough were unbeaten at home and we comprehensively beat them. Maybe not emphatically but the stats don’t lie.

To those who think AK should be sacked, consider this ... I sincerely doubt whether we are capable of getting a better manager or a better chance of going up. Last year was about stabilising and staying up. This season about the re build, the likes of Carvalho, Lolley and Hefele will be here for years to come. If we don’t get promoted this year, then we have a solid base to do so next year. Millwall was soooo bad, but if the players had one eye on the Middlesbrough match, I can forgive them for that.

Stick with AK and we will get promoted this year or next, simple as !

Great performance, from team and manager today. Chalk and cheese from Wednesday. However, for me, it makes Wednesday even more frustrating. Add those two points onto where we are now. That's where we should be.
Little note on Robinson, an absolute disgrace. I loathe the cheats in the game and for everyone that has seen his dive today, that was unforgivable. Not only was it a complete embarrassment, but it could also have put the result in jeopardy. He can fuck off for me, I don't care if I ever see him play for us again.

His masterbate anyway.

The Brentford lad should have been given a Red what a dive...Robbo was unlucky to have a shite ref..naughty boy all the same

(y)

There are a handful of posters who would have been on here at 5pm tonight had we lost. Think we'll be waiting a while for their appearance tonight...
AC...Not sure but I could be one of those you are mentioning
I'm not a massive fan of AK..he's a fucking teaser keeps you on the vinegar stroke
Just when you think he's got it and the team plays great he then reverts back to type and the team gives a performance that is derided by a few of us

I'm hoping the penny has dropped with him and the players

Lets see how we perform in our next game

He got everything right in this game

So i'm on his side for now

This whole cheating thing pisses me off

This has been one of our failings in the English game

Every other country plays as though it is part of the game

I get why we don't like it and I don't like it

But it is part of the game ...so why shouldn't we do it

Other clubs and players do it

Until it is completely eradicated from the game then our players should do it

Robinson has already had a few cards for time wasting. In my opinion he has still got a lot to prove in the back four and needs more competition.Hopefully he will learn from this mistake and justify future selection.

Benny did it not long back ...BB was always looking for it ...the Portuguese lads have and will drop like stones....as said it's part of the game to try and fool the ref.....we'll get a penalty that wins the game ..and no one on here will give a jot

Last edited:

i can understand someone going to ground in the penalty area if they have been felled but when there is no contact it is taking the p***.

It can't be eradicated from the game untill we stop supporting and condoning it.
I hate it and personally I have often substituted players and told them they will never play for the team again if they repeat it.

i can understand someone going to ground in the penalty area if they have been felled but when there is no contact it is taking the p***.

Ingy I hate it....but we have had it done to us

It's the same as shirt pulling in the box for a corner or a free kick
The opposition do it and we do it
We all see it and don't like it...but if you don't play the game in the same way as the opposition is playing then you are already on the back foot

No one wants cheating in the game in this country...but it happens so lets fight fire with fire

Last edited:
It can't be eradicated from the game untill we stop supporting and condoning it.
I hate it and personally I have often substituted players and told them they will never play for the team again if they repeat it.
This is the problem..."It can't be eradicated from the game'

The shirt pulling works both ways on a lot of occasions.A knowledgeable striker will also have his hand on a defender's shirt to prevent them getting in front of them and can be both doing it.When it is blatant, like the world cup, then agree it's a joke.This is down to having a quality ref who can spot the difference.

Just a side note

I find it funny after outing Jimmy Gordan as being the wolf and his other various personalities that The widdow stopped posting at the same time ..always said they were the same person

Please come back