Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines

This is the problem..."It can't be eradicated from the game'
If a player is sent off as yesterday and every time it happens that discourages repeat. I applaud the ref for sending him off. He cheated. It is a game and it is against the spirit of the game. The rules can be applied to discourage and move toward eradicating it. See how the studs up rule is applied to discourage dangerous play. (Our last sending off) the difference between the two in my opinion is the foot over the ball is not necessarily deliberate (I have done it many times when challenging for a 50-50 without intent) - Diving is cheating and always a decision. Therefore it should be punished.

Benny did it not long back ...BB was always looking for it ...the Portuguese lads have and will drop like stones....as said it's part of the game to try and fool the ref.....we'll get a penalty that wis the game ..and no one on here will give a jot

Bullshit. You might be happy with cheating but that doesn't mean everyone is.

IBM Unfortunately that is an idealised scenario....the game and how it is played will never play 100% to the rules

This whole cheating thing pisses me off

This has been one of our failings in the English game

Every other country plays as though it is part of the game

I get why we don't like it and I don't like it

But it is part of the game ...so why shouldn't we do it

Other clubs and players do it

Until it is completely eradicated from the game then our players should do it

Load of self-serving bollocks, cheating is cheating. The justification that others do it so it's ok for us is just nonsense.

Bullshit. You might be happy with cheating but that doesn't mean everyone is.
FFS CP most people are not happy with cheating but it is intrinsically part of the game ...we need to get past this romantic utopia idea of how the game should be played...because that is not reality

I know it's going back to the BC days but he was strict on us not giving backchat to the ref.If your club gets a reputation for wanting to do the right thing then the chances are referees are more likely to be on your side.It's a bit like dirty players complaining they get booked on reputation alone and that is their own making for building one.

FFS CP most people are not happy with cheating but it is intrinsically part of the game ...we need to get past this romantic utopia idea of how the game should be played...because that is not reality

Thus spoke every drug cheat ever. You might be fine with that behaviour but I'm not. Where do you draw the line on this philosophy of others do it then so can I? Deliberately intending to harm an opponent? Bribery? Match fixing? You've got the chairman of your dreams then.

Thus spoke every drug cheat ever. You might be fine with that behaviour but I'm not. Where do you draw the line on this philosophy of others do it then so can I? Deliberately intending to harm an opponent? Bribery? Match fixing? You've got the chairman of your dreams then.
It's as almost as someone said that who has never taken any illegal substances whilst they have been alive :-)

I know it's going back to the BC days but he was strict on us not giving backchat to the ref.If your club gets a reputation for wanting to do the right thing then the chances are referees are more likely to be on your side.It's a bit like dirty players complaining they get booked on reputation alone and that is their own making for building one.

Not going to disagree with that..but we as a club at that point were we the normal or out on our own

yes it helped us but did it really in the overall scheme of things?

It's as almost as someone said that who has never taken any illegal substances whilst they have been alive :-)

So you ducked the questions because as usual you've no actual answers beyond nonsense rhetoric.

Perhaps you may justify your actions by the moral code of scumbags but not everyone does.

As more technology is used in the future for decision making then you are less likely to get away with it. Personally,whether it will be an opposing player or a Forest player, I find it embarrassing to watch when people blatantly cheat. The problem is as soon as you get a rep for cheating then any ref worth his salt will be aware of that player. I can understand a player going down if he has been knocked off balance but it is the rolling around bullshi*e that follows it.This is normally followed by them getting straight up after they have,or not, got the decision.

Additionally I would hope some of the more experienced players had a quiet word with him afterwards and that he apologised to the team.

Maybe John o hare should have told the ref he was fouled outside the box and then fell down inside..or maybe Cloughie not accepting the cup because the ref got it wrong...no ..10,000 Forest fans laughed all night because we won the cup..and beat the scousers.. what cheating fuckers we are....never mind someone will do it to us next week

Perhaps we got the benefit of the referee's decision because we didn't give them as much hassle as the opposition!

Leaving aside whether or not you condone cheating, the fact is it was fucking idiotic and the sign of a player who is an idiot. Not for the first time has he put a result at jeopardy.

Maybe John o hare should have told the ref he was fouled outside the box and then fell down inside..or maybe Cloughie not accepting the cup because the ref got it wrong...no ..10,000 Forest fans laughed all night because we won the cup..and beat the scousers.. what cheating fuckers we are....never mind someone will do it to us next week

Indeed.

And Kenny Burns 'accidentally' catching Kevin Keegan right across the windpipe in the first minutes of the 1980 final, which he is proud to recount to this day.

A fair portion of our trophy cabinet was populated by less than snow-white means.

We can't be too hypocritical.

Although diving is the lowest