Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better. | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better.

Ameobi isn’t the answer, he regularly loses the ball and fails to pass to someone in better position

we are far too shot shy and lack any spark of creativity for huge parts of the matches

is Brennan/carvs the answer? Probably not but at this point could t be any worse than 0/1 shot on target

Ameobi isn’t the answer, he regularly loses the ball and fails to pass to someone in better position

we are far too shot shy and lack any spark of creativity for huge parts of the matches

is Brennan/carvs the answer? Probably not but at this point could t be any worse than 0/1 shot on target

Up until the last two or three games Ameobi was one of our most consistent players; he will regain his form at some point, probably when it is not so cold.

Carvalho is on a season long loan, and so is Brennan; we know Brennan has a break clause but he would be better served staying where he is.

That is the only metric we can be judged on at the moment, and that will continue to be the case until we are safe.

Right. So based on POINTS, will our current rate see us safe? Absolutely not.

I think we’d get have more points if the manger recognized that his 11 aren’t good enough together.

It’s a miracle we aren’t in the relegation zone.

Right. So based on POINTS, will our current rate see us safe? Absolutely not.

I think we’d get have more points if the manger recognized that his 11 aren’t good enough together.

It’s a miracle we aren’t in the relegation zone.

Will, you keep saying they are not good enough, and they keep proving you wrong, and in my opinion they will keep doing so.

Hughtons first job was to stop the bleeding; his next job is to get more points.

If anyone thinks there is an easy way of doing that, or an attractive way of achieving that or a more creative way, then they are deluded; we are in a dog fight.

We have to battle for every single point until we have enough.

On current form over the last 5 games we sit 7th, over the last 10 games we sit 18th, over the last 15 games we sit 18th and last 20 games 17th.

Mid table should not be out of the question because there are plenty of sides much worse than we are - Wycombe, Rotherham, Wednesday, Derby, QPR and Birmingham, and then there are sides like Coventry, Cardiff, Luton, Millwall and Huddersfield and others who are there for the taking.

Will, you keep saying they are not good enough, and they keep proving you wrong, and in my opinion they will keep doing so.

Hughtons first job was to stop the bleeding; his next job is to get more points.

If anyone thinks there is an easy way of doing that, or an attractive way of achieving that or a more creative way, then they are deluded; we are in a dog fight.

On current form over the last 5 games we sit 7th, over the last 10 games we sit 18th, over the last 15 games we sit 18th and last 20 games 17th.

Mid table should not be out of the question because there are plenty of sides much worse than we are - Wycombe, Rotherham, Wednesday, Derby, QPR and Birmingham, and then there are sides like Coventry, Cardiff, Luton, Millwall and Huddersfield and others who are there for the taking.

How many of those have the same budget as us or finished as highly last season. Unless we create and finish more we are fucked, tis that simple.

We may have had a couple of okay results Mao, and let’s be real, mostly okay cus they’ve been draws, but we’ve been abysmal. When we won under Dougie, I hated it, but despite how bad i thought it was, I did think we’d compete and had a goal in us.

I’m honestly not looking to slate for the sake of it, but other than Stoke 2nd half and the Wednesday game, we’ve been lucky to scrape points in any of the rest of the games.

When I say I think we’ve been woeful, I don’t just mean we haven’t been pretty to watch, I mean we look incapable.

Today we had 1 shot on target from the penalty spot and never ever in a million years looked like we were capable of getting a result from the game if not for that. I couldn’t care less if the football was hoofball rubbish for the next 20 odd if it looked like there was a genuine game plan behind it and it was effective with the players knowing exactly what they were doing, but this is pure riding of luck and I’m genuinely concerned that it isn’t sustainable.

I’m honestly not trying to argue that I want sexy football, I’m just genuinely concerned that this team isn’t progressing and if continued, our retention of championship status is under serious threat should a couple of other teams begin to pick up even slightly.

Fair play the points form favours yours argument but genuinely, are you not concerned about what that’s masking on the pitch?

We aren’t creating a single thing....

Rome wasn't built in a day Will. it all takes time and there's probably no quick fix, especially with the current set of players. In the last 5 games we've had 3 clean sheets, 9 points, and only 2 goals against us, so we do seem to be making some progress. The quality of the football played is poor and likely to stay that way until we get a couple of new players.
I'm living in hope again as I've had to do quite a few times over the years.

If Freeman can get fit he hopefully can do the number 10 job, still need a quality wide option if our 2 can't find any form we are a bit stuffed.
Freeman was already over weight before the injury...can you imagine how is going to be when back? .... we are in January , not much time for another ' pre season " for him ...if we can get a player already up to speed dont wait for Frerman

How many of those have the same budget as us or finished as highly last season. Unless we create and finish more we are fucked, tis that simple.

I am not sure what relevance last seasons league position has, but if you want to use it as a reference point then we are creating more chances than we did in games last season.

We are not finishing them, which is concerning, but Grabban has only been back for a few games, give him time; hopefully we will get him some serious support in the coming days, not just someone with a nice haircut.

The money we have spent on players is more of a burden on Hughton than anything else; they are not his players and he did not spend the money; this is a situation he has inherited, but I am more than hopeful he will get us out of this mess.

Some good will come out of this season; we have clearly seen who the players are who can operate under pressure and when we are up against it, and who cannot; replacing those who cannot should be a priority come the end of the season.

Have just watched the full match replay and we were, for the most part, the better team. Towards the end of last season and for much of this, we have for some unknown reason, let the opposition come out and dictate proceedings.
Yesterday there was much more positive, forward passing, despite the fact that conditions underfoot were far from ideal.
For me, Preston are one of those sides that you'd expect to finish around 7th or 8th so we must be getting better. Confidence is slowly improving and the cup game v Cardiff is an ideal opportunity for the team to throw off the shackles and show us their true quality.

Up until the last two or three games Ameobi was one of our most consistent players; he will regain his form at some point, probably when it is not so cold.

Carvalho is on a season long loan, and so is Brennan; we know Brennan has a break clause but he would be better served staying where he is.
I think that was highlighted more by how shit everyone else was tbh

I am not sure what relevance last seasons league position has, but if you want to use it as a reference point then we are creating more chances than we did in games last season.

We are not finishing them, which is concerning, but Grabban has only been back for a few games, give him time; hopefully we will get him some serious support in the coming days, not just someone with a nice haircut.

The money we have spent on players is more of a burden on Hughton than anything else; they are not his players and he did not spend the money; this is a situation he has inherited, but I am more than hopeful he will get us out of this mess.

Some good will come out of this season; we have clearly seen who the players are who can operate under pressure and when we are up against it, and who cannot; replacing those who cannot should be a priority come the end of the season.

Quite, signing 14 or so players for a manager and sacking him half a dozen games later hardly speaks to a well run club.

Freeman was already over weight before the injury...can you imagine how is going to be when back? .... we are in January , not much time for another ' pre season " for him ...if we can get a player already up to speed dont wait for Frerman

He's supposed to have been carrying it for a while, maybe stopped him training properly hopefully he's able to be of some use.

Have just watched the full match replay and we were, for the most part, the better team. Towards the end of last season and for much of this, we have for some unknown reason, let the opposition come out and dictate proceedings.
Yesterday there was much more positive, forward passing, despite the fact that conditions underfoot were far from ideal.
For me, Preston are one of those sides that you'd expect to finish around 7th or 8th so we must be getting better. Confidence is slowly improving and the cup game v Cardiff is an ideal opportunity for the team to throw off the shackles and show us their true quality.

Based on the fact that we have a bigger budget than Preston, more fans than Preston and even arguably a better history than Preston going back a very long way, what is it about them that you think makes them a far superior football club to us and consistently almost guaranteed to finish above us in the league?

Based on the fact that we have a bigger budget than Preston, more fans than Preston and even arguably a better history than Preston going back a very long way, what is it about them that you think makes them a far superior football club to us and consistently almost guaranteed to finish above us in the league?
Sorry, I think you may have misread my post, chap.

You missed out the obvious one chap, cos we're from nottm

Looks like there's a full 90 minutes of this on YouTube, but this highlights clip should remind us of what we were and could be again.

The Des Walker run which leads to the sixth goal is phenomenal, and he showed he could pass too. This has to be one of the top Forest performances against a decent Chelsea side.