Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better. | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better.

Massive, massive win. We are shite and still look likely to go down because we can't score, but we've given ourselves some breathing room now while we continue to try to find solutions, and we've done it at a place we never win.

That's two away games that I fully expected zero points from and we've got four.

Next is Cardiff. That's a home defeat; don't even bother with any of the players normally involved, let them retain some confidence from this. Barcelona could lend us their first team including Messi and Cardiff would still beat us at home

The heady heights of 19th. At the halfway point of the season we are exactly half way to the win record and points record we got last time we were relegated

A big phewwwwwww
One if our worst second halves....and we won !!!!
Not even a proper shot on goal...and we won !!!
Our last two goals...one an auto goal and the other z penalty ... must be a record...
I take the points, but we rode our luck big time ...at least to make up for some misfortune we might have had in the past weeks...
But CH must be scratching his head... we are creating nothing and it's up to the defence that we are getting some points...
Forget the fancy names , but we need some real change in our final third ... I doubt that we are going to be lucky as today again...

Thank god for that.

We’re at the point where performances are irrelevant somewhat and we just need points, but my god we were dreadful again.

I’m relieved but it’s difficult to feel positive - there just isn’t anything to really cling to that makes me think we can repeat a game that see’s us win.

I honestly think the manager HAS to change the personnel. Even if it’s not conventional or if the players he brings in aren’t necessarily our best, because the same 11 every week is delivering absolutely nothing.

Can't afford to be fussy about how points are gained right now. I'll take them courtesy of the ref, lady luck, long ball, time wasting, anti-football tactics who cares. We just need to survive this season and get ourselves sorted out.

Good win. I was very concerned about the manager and his decisions even as recently as (before) the Stoke game, but we’re seeing more of what we expected now; fewer cheap goals, tight wins, gritting out points from one game to the next.

Worrall’s return has made a big difference to the back-line, he’s the senior partner in this defence despite being one of the youngest players. We should be demanding a similar fee to the one we received for Cash before considering a sale.

Had to switch off near to 90 mins in case of heart attack. Switched the radio on to check the final score and we were still playing - nearly 10 mins of injury time, wtf! Seems like one of those refs who will try and keep it going until we concede.

Delighted with the win but we are still painful to watch, desperately poor at times today. Can we change enough in Jan to make us look like a competent football team with a clue? I bloody hope so.

By the next league game we may have done some business in the window, need more going forward can't be that lucky every game.

Really not sure how Cafu really helps us.

We need someone to do that role, but I don't think he is the one.

I would like to see Ameobi out for a bit and replaced with someone who looks interested.

Performance is very disenchanting. You can't see how we are going to get out of this the way we are playing.

But the relegation battle at the moment is unusually poor. A team with our number of points at this stage should be in whole heaps of trouble but we actually have a little breathing space

Looks like we've got away with one today, could that be a change of fortune now, vital 3 points out of the bottom 3. Bit of controversy about Grabban's penalty really can't tell either way from what we've seen, the only question I have about it is how unconvincing Grabban's penalties are, he is one of the worst penalty takers I've seen I know he slipped today and still scored, but it nearly makes me dread us getting a pen when I know he's going to take it.
A few dodgy free kicks given to Preston around our box late on, began to wonder if the ref was trying to level things up. Don't know what the idea of sending Arter on was presumably to shore things up, but then he's doing extravagant flicks in his own half, then he's up field near the Preston corner flag
A word for the Preston commentary pair I was getting ready to watch with sound off as I hate listening to opposition commentators but gave it a go and thought they were excellent, Paul Mckenna was class told it how it saw with minimum bias

Really not sure how Cafu really helps us.

We need someone to do that role, but I don't think he is the one.

I would like to see Ameobi out for a bit and replaced with someone who looks interested.

Performance is very disenchanting. You can't see how we are going to get out of this the way we are playing.

But the relegation battle at the moment is unusually poor. A team with our number of points at this stage should be in whole heaps of trouble but we actually have a little breathing space

I come down on him harder than others who can be equally as poor, but for me Cafu is a catalyst for whats wrong with us. He’s slow, he doesn’t move, he doesn’t shoot, let alone score, he goes down easily, he slows the play down.

I really think he’s a bigger problem than people think. We’re in dire need of Freeman coming back but sticking someone else in there in the interim, even if it’s an out of position Lolley. I know Lolley’s been poor but he’ll keep the tempo higher behind a Grabban and make us move the ball quicker.

I thought we were good in the first half; we totally controlled that half but our crossing was dire. Our creativity has to improve.

In the second half we came under pressure and rode our luck. But we got a break with the penalty, which was definitely the correct decision, and then ground it out.

Now we need to keep Knockhaert, bring in one or two to help us in the final third - with more creativity and quality - then get rid of what's left of the bomb squad and some of the dross that we've brought in recently.