Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better. | Vital Football

Match Thread, Preston N.E. v Forest, we must do better.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
We've got to change something and quick if we're to stay up. I know two things about the opposition, they seem to have a variety of players who are capable of putting the ball in the net, we don't, and that great player Tom Finney played for them, probably before the time of some of you. He was terrific to watch and put the ball in the net on a regular basis. Wish we had him right now. General opinion seems to be that we improved in the second half of the last game and actually appeared to be better than the opposition, if we can maintain that and also put the ball in the net we'll be O.K. Probably easier to say than do. Preston is another place I've never been to although I used to work for a firm which had a few garment making factories including one in that area and always found the locals to be a bit different but straight and likeable. That was quite a while back though.
We've played 4 on the trot without losing, I'm relying on a bit more good luck, that's the only reason I'm doing this, don't want to break the trend, but relying on you folk to provide the real detail.

Could go either way today. Although we're not that good, we're also not that bad either. Just need to get the confidence running through the team. If we managed to do that, we could beat anybody in this league.

Preston is a dump. I have been to watch Forest draw there, in the curiously steep- sided Deepdale, and thought the Preston fans were almost as moronic as Burnley are. This is a depressing fixture all round.

It's snowing there, hope we use the camo kit to our advantage. Most likely same side starting again, I'd go with Taylor though he looked sharper against Stoke.

Yep same again, probably same tactics until we fall behind. McKenna back on the bench in place of soh.

Same 11... woohoo.

On a separate note, just watched the end of the Spurs game and the Leeds midfielder Alioski at the end there laughing with Son having just lost 3-0? I just don’t get it, this is becoming the norm every game now. Players hugging and laughing with each other no matter the result like it’s an exhibition match.

It’s a piss take to fans who’re paying to watch it. If you wanna come across as a pillock who doesn’t care about your team losing then wait until you get down the tunnel.

Preston is a dump. I have been to watch Forest draw there, in the curiously steep- sided Deepdale, and thought the Preston fans were almost as moronic as Burnley are. This is a depressing fixture all round.

Hey they have a stand like Sampdoria!

Once had a knife pulled on me there at a Preston v Altrincham cup tie by a Glasgow Rangers fan lol was with a few Preston pals when we were attacked on the grounds that we looked too posh to be Preston fans.

Same 11... woohoo.

On a separate note, just watched the end of the Spurs game and the Leeds midfielder Alioski at the end there laughing with Son having just lost 3-0? I just don’t get it, this is becoming the norm every game now. Players hugging and laughing with each other no matter the result like it’s an exhibition match.

It’s a piss take to fans who’re paying to watch it. If you wanna come across as a pillock who doesn’t care about your team losing then wait until you get down the tunnel.

Why should players care about losing?

There's no fans there to have to pretend to and they get their $$ regardless.

Hey they have a stand like Sampdoria!

Once had a knife pulled on me there at a Preston v Altrincham cup tie by a Glasgow Rangers fan lol was with a few Preston pals when we were attacked on the grounds that we looked too posh to be Preston fans.
Not difficult to look too posh to be a Preston fan.... wearing shoes is probably sufficient.

Same 11... woohoo.

On the contrary, why would football fans be so precious that seeing a player laughing after losing would make them mad?

Have you never had a laugh or a joke with someone after a bad day at work?

Should we expect players to be on the floor in tears after every defeat?