Match Thread: Preston Away | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Preston Away

The players who haven't featured yet need to start against Stoke on Tuesday.

The squad needs rotating and starting with Moore/Sterling/Morsy/Lowe/Pearce/Mulgrew/Gelhardt and any good performances could lead to a start on Saturday.

Agreed, but he inexplicably made us defend the corner for their first goal with ten men

What’s the rule on this? I’ve no issue with him waving the physio on as he thought (correctly as it transpired) it was a head injury and there was no play acting whatsoever. But if the player says he doesn’t want treatment and never received any why does he then have to go off? Seems common sense deserted him.

I didn't blame the ref. I just said he was a disgrace....... Which he was.

I also said that he - for no reason - made us defend the corner (where they scored their first) a man down..... Which he did.

Not blaming. Just commenting.
A PNE fan on their forum said it best I think when previewing the game. While the rest of them were worrying about the game, he said something along these lines.

“Take a look at Wigan’s defence. Fox, Dunkley, Kipre, Byrne, Robinson, Mulgrew. Not one of those defenders will strike fear into our attackers. Get at them and we will score goals”.

How right he was.

Exactly. It was the ref who waved him on, not the players........ and then he didn't receive treatment.

Why should he then be penalised?

Exactly. It was the ref who waved him on, not the players........ and then he didn't receive treatment.

Why should he then be penalised?

I’m pretty sure he shouldn’t be, as I said he applied no common sense. He didn’t get any better.

He was the ref for the Leeds Brentford game last season that was on Sky, he was horrific in that from what I remember. It was the game when Pontus Jansen when being interviewed at full time on the pitch said he wasn’t happy with a point because the ref was shit! He wasn’t wrong, yet got fined regardless.

Well that was shite. We’re still a soft touch away from home. 2 free headers, even the free kick could’ve been closed down much quicker. I’d replace the whole back 4 next game as well as bringing in Morsy and Williams in midfield. Especially the full backs, they were bloody awful today.

Naismith tried his best but we all know he’s dogshit. How did he start ahead of Lowe and Massey? At least we’ve got the option to make changes this year because we bloody need it after that.

A PNE fan on their forum said it best I think when previewing the game. While the rest of them were worrying about the game, he said something along these lines.

“Take a look at Wigan’s defence. Fox, Dunkley, Kipre, Byrne, Robinson, Mulgrew. Not one of those defenders will strike fear into our attackers. Get at them and we will score goals”.

How right he was.

Going on and reading a Preston fans forum? Now that is sad!

You’ll have to try a lot harder than that to get a bite from me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not after a bite bro, just can't get my head around why you would want to visit a PNE forum after that shower of shite today, thats the last place you should be, i bet them men are like a dog with two d**ks tonight.

Not after a bite bro, just can't get my head around why you would want to visit a PNE forum after that shower of shite today, thats the last place you should be, i bet them men are like a dog with two d**ks tonight.
Think you need to read my post again as you’ve clearly misred it BRO.

Let's not overreact. We lost one game, and a derby match at that; derbies are notoriously unpredictable.

Guessing we're still trying to find out what our best squad is. With a lot of new players coming in late in the window, there's always going to be some bedding in time.

We now know that the squad we played against Preston isn't a good combination. We move on. Far too early to be making general statements about where we're up to overall. In another half a dozen games, we'll see the lie of the land much better as Cook should know his best XI by then.

Left it until today to post, but in broad agreement with most sentiments.

Ref may have been wrong insisting Garner went off but that doesn’t excuse Preston’s shortest player scoring unchallenged from a header in the 6 yard box.
Then for the second goal their centre forward stood right on the centre of the 6 yard line with our two “defenders” ? ....Robinson and Fox helpfully standing two yards in front and behind him to give him a free header....very charitable......Their third goal was blinder.

Another huge difference between the sides was the quality and accuracy of the passing (long and short) and most of their crosses into the box and ALL their corners were dangerous .....ours certainly weren’t.

Very early days for K Moore to be fair, but not exactly the first impression he’d have wanted to create.

Can’t make it to the Stoke game but looking forward to some sort of reaction against what I’m sure will be a big challenge against Leeds.

Let's not overreact. We lost one game, and a derby match at that; derbies are notoriously unpredictable.

Guessing we're still trying to find out what our best squad is. With a lot of new players coming in late in the window, there's always going to be some bedding in time.

We now know that the squad we played against Preston isn't a good combination. We move on. Far too early to be making general statements about where we're up to overall. In another half a dozen games, we'll see the lie of the land much better as Cook should know his best XI by then.
I beg to differ. I’ve not seen a goal at Deepdale since 2005. Three games, three times outplayed and three comfortable defeats. Nothing unpredictable whatsoever about PNE away or derby matches away from home in general. This team doesn’t have the bottle to perform in front of a big away following. We’ve not won away at Bolton or PNE since 2012, 7 games, 5 defeats, 3 goals, it’s utter shite.

Think about it, the majority of the current crop have all played for bigger clubs with a bigger fan base than us, even Pompey are playing in front of around 20k and have a good away following.
I'm not having the size of the crowds or away support as an excuse.

Only one person to blame for yesterday and that is Cook Simple some managers have a level and Cooks sadley for us is League one Iam sure the owners wont hang around this time if we slump into the bottom 3 in the next few weeks

Only one person to blame for yesterday and that is Cook Simple some managers have a level and Cooks sadley for us is League one Iam sure the owners wont hang around this time if we slump into the bottom 3 in the next few weeks

Spot on bro, i love our club just as much as anyone on here but i can't be doing with another season like last season, shape up Cook or ship out!

First game - a win from a good performance from most players
Next game - a loss from a poor performance from most players
Assessment - the manager should shape up or ship out !

Makes you wonder why they let football fans have the vote.
:rolleyes:

First game - a win from a good performance from most players
Next game - a loss from a poor performance from most players
Assessment - the manager should shape up or ship out !

Makes you wonder why they let football fans have the vote.
:rolleyes:

Moonay, why the f**k do you (and others) keep banging on about two games, we've seen it all before, last season, the slippery slope starts here.....Again!

Moonay, why the f**k do you (and others) keep banging on about two games, we've seen it all before, last season, the slippery slope starts here.....Again!
I don't think you're that stupid to believe that one loss is going to equate to what happened last season. I don't. I'll give you credit for that.

However, such an impetuous response after a single performance does make you look a little silly.

No-one was happy. We all want it to improve. Given the activity in the transfer market, I think most of us believe well improve on last season.

Now, pick your toys up....... and stop swearing .... its Sunday.
?