Match Thread: Preston Away | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Preston Away

Moonay, why the f**k do you (and others) keep banging on about two games, we've seen it all before, last season, the slippery slope starts here.....Again!

One defeat in the last eight league games is hardly starting a slippery slope!
Just accept there are going to be some losses this season otherwise your BP will be sky high.

Spot on bro, i love our club just as much as anyone on here but i can't be doing with another season like last season, shape up Cook or ship out!

I actually don't think last season was that bad.

We was one of the favourites to go down but we stayed up.

We was bad on the road yes but we still beat Leeds away, got some great wins at home and beat the scum 5-2, finished on a high.

I think you believe we are meant to be playing like Man City or something the way you go on.

I actually don't think last season was that bad.

We was one of the favourites to go down but we stayed up.

We was bad on the road yes but we still beat Leeds away, got some great wins at home and beat the scum 5-2, finished on a high.

I think you believe we are meant to be playing like Man City or something the way you go on.

That first sentence says it all, i didn;t bother reading the rest!

That first sentence says it all, i didn;t bother reading the rest!

12 points clear of relegation when we was expected to go straight back down.

Explain what was so bad except for our away performances?

If we could of held on in the Hull/Reading away games, 90+ minute winners for them which isn't cooks fault also maybe Swansea from 2-0 up we should of won, would you still be saying it was such a bad season?

Was plain to see yesterday how much we will miss Powell and Reece James this season ok we have made some signings but have we signed any class Preston were better all over the pitch yesterday They passed the ball a lot better The lad we were after ran the show couldnt get near him

Was plain to see yesterday how much we will miss Powell and Reece James this season ok we have made some signings but have we signed any class Preston were better all over the pitch yesterday They passed the ball a lot better The lad we were after ran the show couldnt get near him
And Chelsea lost 4-0 today so are they devoid of class players? The answer is no as one game proves nothing!!

12 points clear of relegation when we was expected to go straight back down.

Explain what was so bad except for our away performances?

If we could of held on in the Hull/Reading away games, 90+ minute winners for them which isn't cooks fault also maybe Swansea from 2-0 up we should of won, would you still be saying it was such a bad season?
Bloody hell the vast majority of last season was bloody awful and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth despite the 12 point cushion. The football was drab, boring, un-exciting and at best was like watching porridge set. The only bright spots in that lack lustre season was the performance of a 19 year old loanee and some cameo performances by Nick Powell. It was shit, actually bloody shit but as said staying up made it an ok season.
Hopefully the signings this time around can push us up a couple of places.

I beg to differ. I’ve not seen a goal at Deepdale since 2005. Three games, three times outplayed and three comfortable defeats. Nothing unpredictable whatsoever about PNE away or derby matches away from home in general. This team doesn’t have the bottle to perform in front of a big away following. We’ve not won away at Bolton or PNE since 2012, 7 games, 5 defeats, 3 goals, it’s utter shite.
Suppose Preston is to us v what we are to Man City.

Moonay, why the f**k do you (and others) keep banging on about two games, we've seen it all before, last season, the slippery slope starts here.....Again!

Just because we started well and went downhill last season, it doesn't necessarily mean that this will also occur during this campaign. Patterns don't always remain the same from one season to another. New players are introduced, teams enter and leave the league, which means that the quality of the division can change... there are a number of different variables which mean that clubs either don't do as well, or do better, from one season to another, despite persisting with the same manager.

Bloody hell the vast majority of last season was bloody awful and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth despite the 12 point cushion. The football was drab, boring, un-exciting and at best was like watching porridge set. The only bright spots in that lack lustre season was the performance of a 19 year old loanee and some cameo performances by Nick Powell. It was shit, actually bloody shit but as said staying up made it an ok season.
Hopefully the signings this time around can push us up a couple of places.

It was our first season after promotion, its not meant to be a cruise we are always going to struggle but the job got done.

It is this season we need to improve and be winning games comfortably and establish ourselves as a top half team.

Football isn't easy and most promoted teams into the championship aren't going to blow the league away like the majority on this forum believe should be happening.

Honestly not trying to be negative here but I’d be happy finishing 12 points clear of the drop again.

Not all promoted teams can be sheff uniteds, most just have to tread water for a couple of seasons and that’s how it is unfortuantely.

If we can stay up comfortably again this season then we can build and start dreaming of bigger things.

What is disappointing is the manner of yesterday’s defeat but it certainly won’t be the only crap show we see this season.

It’s also fair to say that we’ve had a big squad upheaval compared to the likes of Preston so it’s no surprise to see them looking more cohesive. We might have to wait a couple of months before the likes of Lowe start playing/firing regularly.

PC has said Mclaud and Evens did well , we got murdered in the middle
Pilkinton injured just put Lowe there
Moore is just what we need , he will score goals for us and give us something different up top.
Williams looked ok when on and will play with Morsy on Tuesday i hope
Bad day at the office , Fox is a good centre half Robinson is a good full back they just had stinkers ..
Every game i have seen Johnson he has run the game we should of stumped up ..

We didn't miss Morsy last week, because Cardiff basically bypassed the midfield. Preston populated it with physical players and we missed Morsy's physicality. McLeod and Evans did ok but aren't in the same mould as Morsy..

Hopefully he's fit for Saturday as we'll need him to break up Leeds play. Williams may be able to do it, but it's hard to tell just going off a few minutes on Saturday.