Match Thread: Preston Away | Vital Football

Match Thread: Preston Away

FrancosLoveChild

Vital Football Hero
First away game of the season coming up tomorrow, probably the best away tie to have considering the result last season, getting battered 4-0 and was the start of the woeful away form.

Squad news:

Pilkington out for 4 weeks.
Morsy set to return to the side.
Possible debuts for Mulgrew, Bright, Moore, Pearce, Sterling, and Williams.

Predicted XI:
Marshall
Byrne Dunkley Fox Robinson
Macleod Evans
Lowe Windass Jacobs
Garner

Predicted Subs:
Jones
Naismith
Kipre
Morsy
Bright
Moore
Lang

A total of 9 players will be left out the squad including (based on prediction):

Gyollai, Pearce, Sterling, Williams, Massey, Roberts, Mulgrew, Weir, Gelhardt

Huge depth regardless.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Important game tomorrow, first away game, but this game will really show us our improvement as a squad. Having lost here 4-0 last season, we have a point to prove, this includes the players here last season. Good luck! Go for the win!

Last edited:
What about Evans?
He played well last week and deserves to be at lest in the squad

He probably meant to put Evans in, seeing has someone put Jedi in twice. :slap:
I wish people would stop copy and pasting and just go with their own thoughts. Oh and folk to read the post instead of jumping in, know what i mean bro?

Train from Glasgow at 11.40. Cannot wait. Went to Deepdale last year on my birthday and we all know what happened.

I have faith in the squad tomorrow to give a good account of themselves.

From what I can gather we have shifted over 2,000 with pay on gate too...this is well down on last year. Maybe there will be a rush on the day.

This was 21 hours ago mind so it could have changed today.

Last season we played PNE away in October, this year people are still on holiday or just got back and are a bit skint, 2000+ and pay on the day, decent turn out all the same.

From what I can gather we have shifted over 2,000 with pay on gate too...this is well down on last year. Maybe there will be a rush on the day.

This was 21 hours ago mind so it could have changed today.

Are you going Hindley? If so, have a good one. I really liked Deepdale when I went last year... shame about the result though!

Train from Glasgow at 11.40. Cannot wait. Went to Deepdale last year on my birthday and we all know what happened.

I have faith in the squad tomorrow to give a good account of themselves.

Hopefully the players can repay your commitment; that isn't a short journey! Have a good day anyways :)

Still around 2500-3000. Around a third of our home support going. Early season games sometimes don’t see as many away fans going. I’m going though and can’t wait, those not going are the ones missing out.

Last season we played PNE away in October, this year people are still on holiday or just got back and are a bit skint, 2000+ and pay on the day, decent turn out all the same.
It’s shite. Bit skint my arse, it’s 5 mins on the train. Get your arse down there Wish FM mourners!

After last seasons away form some folks may feel like they want to see how we do on the road this season before committing themselves. Most of the away days over last year were painful viewing - and there is nothing worse than going to the time, effort and expense to watch your team play crap in another bit of the country. So I can understand if some people aren't keen to jump straight back into away days. It's very close to home compared to most other games on the road but I think last seasons form will be weighing on people's minds. But you can pay on the day I believe so I'm expecting a big walk up crowd to add to the 2k tickets already sold.

If we can get an away win or two early in the season and bring confidence back that we can perform away from the DW attendances away will start to increase again.