Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City | Page 31 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Portsmouth v Lincoln City

Excellent 3 points. Honestly don't remember seeing us beat Portsmouth before. Very happy with that
1980 in the old Div 4, Portsmouth were top and brought several thousand which made for a big crowd, great atmosphere and a nice goal from a young Phil Turner to win it 1-0 for the Imps, regrouping under Murph in mid table before better things the next season.

Although we played better against 11 men tonight than we did against 10, it was the right result in the end - and another thoroughly professional away performance.

It says a lot about our squad when three of our best players from a couple of months ago (Montsma, Jones and Anderson) are being kept out of the side by others, and another who has played excellently when called upon (Elbouzedi) has been allowed to go out on loan.

Two more huge challenges coming up in Doncaster and Hull, but we look ready.

The way we started was the most pleasing thing for me. It;s like we really meant it. Sharp incisive passing at pace, like we were a top of the league team.

Hope they get the same pre-match team talk before the Donny game. :grinning:
Having said on the '3 things...' thread we needed a fast start, within the first minute it was clear that was the intention. We dominated thereafter, before and after the red card, it was only really after the goal Pompey had any sort of desperate response.

Add keeping cool after taking the lead to that team talk on Saturday!

Although we played better against 11 men tonight than we did against 10, it was the right result in the end - and another thoroughly professional away performance.

It says a lot about our squad when three of our best players from a couple of months ago (Montsma, Jones and Anderson) are being kept out of the side by others, and another who has played excellently when called upon (Elbouzedi) has been allowed to go out on loan.

Two more huge challenges coming up in Doncaster and Hull, but we look ready.
Montsma has Covid and Anderson is coming back from it. Not sure they are being kept out by others. Harry might not still be up to pace. Has Jones got it too?

Is it still the rule that a ridiculous appeal adds an extra game to the length of ban?
And this would be a totally ridiculous appeal.
Dirty what muff.

Genuinely can’t think of an example in recent years where a player has got an extra game for a frivolous appeal.

Now my FM save where I appeal everything including attempted murder is a different story.

You would hope the appeals committee view these images and agree that the ref, who could only judge this in real time, got it spot on.

Yeah they're not successfully appealing that one. I listened on the radio and have just watched the highlights, and based on the comments and what I've seen from Pompey fans on social media I thought it was going to be much harsher than it was. I think we'd be aggrieved/ there's a bit of an old school well he went for the ball thing but he's off the ground and it's a really dumb tackle on the half way line. Not sure if he's gone for a bit of a reducer on our best creative player really.