Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

How bad were Port Vale at defending set pieces?

Shame about Newport bagging a late winner, but the gap to 4th still hasn't changed.

Isn't it crazy how quickly fans get greedy. Prior to the game I would have taken a nervy 1 0 win after being battered all game. 6 1 up I'm screaming for more goals and gutted when they get a last minute penalty. Can only think the ref was feeling sorry to not award us a penalty but give them one.

A hugely impressive away performance from the lads, particularly when you consider the key changes to the team and formation change just before kick off. Hopefully the injuries aren't too severe, though Freck looked like he was struggling.

Last edited:
Great performance. Pett bossed it again, the lad is a dream, superb to watch. We conceded two but actually thought centre halves were very good. McCartan everywhere and didn’t get them a rest.

They had to be the worst side we’ve played this season. Never seen a team defend so badly from set pieces, even when we were in the national league, like statues! Our deliveries were superb mind, much better.

Not sure how they got a pen but we didn’t.

They must be sick of us at their place now, that’s 10 we’ve put past them this season!

Excellent stuff - even if my score prediction was out.....

Ardbeg, here we come...

Here's hoping that I have to open a really special one in May...

Come on you Imps!!!!!

Have u been to distillery? Visited quite a few but not that one yet. Did go to their parent distillery, Glenmorangie at Tain (and had some Ardbeg samples there)

Brilliant result, forgetting the scoreline, when you consider the disruption to the side.

We lose Akinde and O'Connor, so change to 3-5-2. We then lose Shackell in the warm up and have to go 4-4-2 and at HT we lose Frecklington as well.

The spine of the team basically ripped out, albeit Wharton's a more than adequate replacement at the back.