Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

We kept a manager on for a further 6 months after we lost 6 0 at home:eek!::arrghh:

We did in the case of Tilson and look what a disaster that was. However we didn't in the case of Thommo when we lost to Barnet 6-0 in Sept 1991 and we nearly got promoted at the end of the season. So a very large defeat is not the be all and end all.

We did in the case of Tilson and look what a disaster that was. However we didn't in the case of Thommo when we lost to Barnet 6-0 in Sept 1991 and we nearly got promoted at the end of the season. So a very large defeat is not the be all and end all.
True but that was one of several big defeats that season as we waved the white flag. We won the next two games after the Barnet, we never won again that season and that defeat marked started our relegation run.

Thought this was worth posting. Much comment has been made that we have lots of different goalscorers this season - here they are:

5: John Akinde
3: Harry Anderson, Lee Frecklington, Matt Green, Shay McCartan, Jason Shackell
2: Michael Bostwick, Tom Pett
1: Bruno Andrade, Joan Luque, Michael O'Connor, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo, Scott Wharton, James Wilson

Fifteen.

It looks incredible written down. As an opposing team, how exactly do you mark that?

Same as a couple of seasons ago.

Green was way out on 17 last year, I think? Not too many from the CB's.

Thought this was worth posting. Much comment has been made that we have lots of different goalscorers this season - here they are:

1: Bruno Andrade, Joan Luque, Michael O'Connor, Matt Rhead, Harry Toffolo, Scott Wharton, James Wilson

Fifteen.

It looks incredible written down. As an opposing team, how exactly do you mark that?
Not forgetting OG who is starting to chip in with their share.

Same as a couple of seasons ago.

Green was way out on 17 last year, I think? Not too many from the CB's.

That occurred to me too. In 2016-17 our two centre halves scored 15 between them, but that disappeared last season. Our centre halves have six so far between them (Shackell 3, Bostwick 2, Wharton 1), and that does not include Wilson's goal because he was playing in midfield.

That occurred to me too. In 2016-17 our two centre halves scored 15 between them, but that disappeared last season. Our centre halves have six so far between them (Shackell 3, Bostwick 2, Wharton 1), and that does not include Wilson's goal because he was playing in midfield.

According to Luke Waterfall we were probably the only team in that league doing rigorous video analysis of the opposition , probably making our threat from set pieces much greater and able to run the same set pieces repeatedly every game

A mate of mine was on about this after the Crewe game saying that if you look back their teams generally share the goals around the entire squad and don't have one player who gets loads, not sure if this is true or not but it seemed to make sense to me.

Fifteen.

It would definitely be a struggle to mark them with only 11 players!