Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 40 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Please don't drag racism into the mix. Saying someone is racist for questioning the attitude of a player is just crazy talk. Agree or disagree with the comment by all means, don't throw that at someone without real evidence.
For the record, he is wrong. A racist? I doubt it.

Why not?

Person says black player has a bad attitude or is lazy for no valid reason. Doesn’t make any similar comments around white players. Why is that?

It’s an old trope used against black players over the last however many years. It’s total rubbish, it needs calling out.

One of them actually put that he hoped Grant would lose his foot.
Appalling abuse.
Glad we don't have posters like that on here.
Yes, it's dissapointing that we lost, and we'll lose some more before the season is out but it will come good again. We've a small budget, the joint smallest squad in the league and injuries to key players.

He should get behind the boys, or give his address to Grant so he can abuse him whilst he's at work.

Glad we don't have posters like that on here.
Yes, it's dissapointing that we lost, and we'll lose some more before the season is out but it will come good again. We've a small budget, the joint smallest squad in the league and injuries to key players.

He should get behind the boys, or give his address to Grant so he can abuse him whilst he's at work.

It was a Plymouth "fan" who said that.
Notice some of the revolting tweets that I saw have already received bans from twitter.
Hope they receive further action too.

Gosh. I put the laptop down to go and play light-sabres in the garden with the kids, which stopped after the 7 year old slipped and skinned three limbs on a concrete path, and came back to complete carnage on here.

It is disappointing to lose, but we played some really good football, probably deserved to win over 90 minutes, are still second in the table and are likely to have four major players available in 10 days time. It is hardly Armageddon.

There is no point in throwing the toys out of the pram for a good few games yet. As has been said by many over several weeks, there will be many a turn to this season before we know who will go up.

Up the Imps.

Why not?

Person says black player has a bad attitude or is lazy for no valid reason. Doesn’t make any similar comments around white players. Why is that?

It’s an old trope used against black players over the last however many years. It’s total rubbish, it needs calling out.

What has colour got to do with it? If you had access to the stats today, I think you will find Rogers ran less than anyone apart from Palmer. Its just a comment. How can it be racist? He looks exhausted and needs a rest, but he can't because we have nobody fit to bring in.

I would have said that even if we had held on to 3-2, but why should anyone criticising him be accused of racism?

Thought Edun played really well today before the mistake at the end, made good blocks, tried driving the team forward, mistake cost us but another lesson learnt. Funny really i'm normally one for shouting a lot at the match and at the Tv but today never got uptight too much about anything. We're struggling with injuries, young squad, starting to feel the pressure, yes even Rogers and Johnson even though they're not our players but i think about where the club is as a whole, how good we've been so far this season and even i can control my frustrations, please come on the forum and air your views but don't tear into the players they're doing they're best and need your support more than ever.
Absolutely spot on . Imps 4ever

Lets get some perspective.

We are 2nd in the table (League 1)

Yes our form over the last few games has taken a downturn, but wwvare still in a very good position.

This is the form of the top 9 over the last 6 games

Peterborough 18pts (1st)
Sunderland 11pts (5th)
Ipswich 11pts (8th)
Lincoln City 9pts (2nd)
Hull City 8pts (3rd)
Oxford 8pts (9th)
Portsmouth 8pts (4th)
Accrington 6pts (7th)
Doncaster 4pts (6th)

Apart from Peterborough no one at the top are taking advantage of the other results.

We are having a sticky period at the moment due to injuries. Hopefully we do not get any more and when the others come back we can start winning games comfortably.

Keep the faith. Even if we do end up in the play-offs this will be a successful season

It was a Plymouth "fan" who said that.
Notice some of the revolting tweets that I saw have already received bans from twitter.
Hope they receive further action too.
Ah, sorry. I thought you mean't one of ours.
Should have known, we have more class.
Although there a few starting to lose it here but as has been said, comments made in the pub straight after the game are forgotten, in print they're here forever.
I don't do twitter or face book etc. Quite happy just posting on here.

Anyone hear what Appelton said after? Wasn't able to listen to bbc lincs as the ifollow app just let's you listen to the home radio station even after ft

Good point well made. I’m not calling you outwardly racist, I’m not saying you walk along the street making racist remarks.

What you’ve said is subtle racism.
Why is it? Are you saying that nobody can pass comment about any black person without being subtly racist? If that is the case, I'm pleased I'm the wrong side of 50 because the world won't be any better for it.
He questioned the attitude of a football player without mentioning the colour of his skin.Instead of questioning the motives of his comment, why not ask him how he came to that conclusion about a very talented young man?
Like I said, I disagree with what he said. But, I cant find a reason to call anything untoward out, other than being incorrect in his assessment.
I won't respond further on the subject, it's ludicrous.

I remember those days too, including the moaners on the Sincil terrace in the 75/76 season saying how hopeless we were and didn't want to go up.

They would have had a job to find an opportunity to say that in the 1975/76 season - I expect you mean the season before.

It was also an attitude that was very prevalent towards the end of the 1971/72 season.

Lets get some perspective.

We are 2nd in the table (League 1)

Yes our form over the last few games has taken a downturn, but wwvare still in a very good position.

This is the form of the top 9 over the last 6 games

Peterborough 18pts (1st)
Sunderland 11pts (5th)
Ipswich 11pts (8th)
Lincoln City 9pts (2nd)
Hull City 8pts (3rd)
Oxford 8pts (9th)
Portsmouth 8pts (4th)
Accrington 6pts (7th)
Doncaster 4pts (6th)

Apart from Peterborough no one at the top are taking advantage of the other results.

We are having a sticky period at the moment due to injuries. Hopefully we do not get any more and when the others come back we can start winning games comfortably.

Keep the faith. Even if we do end up in the play-offs this will be a successful season

Relegation form that.

Anyone hear what Appelton said after? Wasn't able to listen to bbc lincs as the ifollow app just let's you listen to the home radio station even after ft
Hi Azz,
Go to BBC Sounds / BBC Radio Lincs / Hope and Glory / Analysis / 27/02/21. It’s about halfway through, sorry, couldn’t provide link.

Some embarrassing things being said here . Yes we can't defend for toffee at the moment( respect to you Mr Nates) but that was an incredible game of footie. We deserved so much better after playing Argyle off their own Home Park for more than 60 mins. Yes our game management could have been better at the end, but football is a cruel game at times. Yes Hopper should have scored, yes Tayo should not give the ball away in dangerous positions, neither deserved their fate as both had good games. Can't understand criticism of Palmer or Rogers either. Yes it feels bloody raw , but Ryan Lowe twice is a very lucky man this season. Some people posting about our loss of form, I did not see that on the evidence before me. We are all extremely worried about our talisman though. It looks bad. Lets hope for a bit of a miracle. Keep the faith imps.