Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 38 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

I said after the Mackems the next 6 league games were winnable & would define our season. Poor v Accy but should have won. Poor v Swindon but got away with a draw. Good here for a chunk & chucked it. So 2 pts from 9 when min should have been 5 if not 7. We could have cemented a play off spot. We are now back in a battle with the squad at barre bones.

I have been positive throughout but we have gifted/ceded too many points which could have provided a cushion Posh & Donny being the other games.

Its now a fingers crossed position rather than a confident we will be in the play off guaranteed.

I have not learnt anything just have a series of questions for Vitals?
1. Why is Rogers on the pitch? can't pass, can't control the ball and has a bad attitude as far I can see? I forgot , won't tackle or can't tackle?
2. Why Why Why is TJ not on the pitch?
3. Injuries to Walsh, Bridcutt and now Grant will kill us??
4. Play Johnson in a forward position or not at all, Hate him playing in advanced midfield?? Midfield is weak with him in it.
5. Does the exclusion of TJ and inclusion of Rogers piss the players off??
6. Montsma really what the fuck has happened? Hopeless today?

I think MA didn't make changes because Plymouth were there for the taking at 2-3. But I thought we became arrogant again. Slowed the game down thinking we could take the p out of them without moving the ball quickly as we had been doing straight after half time. That gave them more of the ball, and we aren't defending well enough at the moment to invite pressure.

Palmer's confidence looks shot and he isn't commanding the defense like he was before his two recent errors. In midfield we are badly missing Bridcott. Johnson was much better today (but should have scored a 4th), while Rogers looked exhausted. But we are down to the bare bones as regards fit players, so what can MA do.
Could do with a match fit Harry at the moment.

Wrong! If we go up, we add to the promising young squad and continue to develop our talented young players. We box clever and use the Championship money wisely. If we do go up and then get relegated, we go again.

That's how football works if you do it correctly, especially at a small club like LCFC with a plan and a vision.

I hope you are right but having seen how much you have to spend in that league it’s scary

Many a knee jerk post will appear whilst we are all constrained to watching on screens with ready access to the t'interweb.

Rants that would be shouted during the game and then not repeated on here is more the case

Wrong! If we go up, we add to the promising young squad and continue to develop our talented young players. We box clever and use the Championship money wisely. If we do go up and then get relegated, we go again.

That's how football works if you do it correctly, especially at a small club like LCFC with a plan and a vision.
Yes, I think Rotherham is a perfect example of a similar sized club.

Come on Imps it happens, we are second, long way to go.

However, I will add it highlights the lack of depth but that costs. That lack of depth exacerbates the problem as there is very little to come on and replace Rogers, who to me tires towards the end of the game(s).

On the whole, I’m thankful of where we are right now.

1. Why is Rogers on the pitch? can't pass, can't control the ball and has a bad attitude as far I can see? I forgot , won't tackle or can't tackle?
4. Play Johnson in a forward position or not at all, Hate him playing in advanced midfield?? Midfield is weak with him in it.

Example here. Awful takes galore.

Ultimately I feel the club are not expecting championship football

i am not a pessimist but a realist.

i am not being negative or down - why should I be we are exceeding expectations which was probably favourites for relegation after last seasons form.

whilst we have good good footballers they are not the finished article

if we go up we will have to get rid of most of them, it will cost a fortune and would be a struggle. If we have another 12 months of positive development we will have some home grown championship footballers
Not sure about you Bristol

I assume this is irony?

We scored three times away from home.

There's some totally barmy comments on here, I mean real One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest stuff. Season's over after 15 minutes, then the team is brilliant, then it's no good again.

Get a ******* grip, it was a good game and for 70 minutes a really good performance where we looked a division better than Plymouth.

They'll be wondering how the hell they won a game they should have lost by a couple of goals despite being two up.

It was a fabulous game. We paid the price for sitting back from 70 mins on. For 50 minutes, we outplayed them.

I'm not sure if your use of 2017 is any indication of when you jumped on the Imps bandwagon, but some of these points are so far off the mark.

I will agree with point 3 and 4

Rogers is a talent. An 18 YEAR OLD talent. To expect him to be a world beater is unrealistic at this time. He was working hard down our left today. Bad attitude I will await your evidence as that is not what I've seen

TJ has been a little below the exceptional standards of earlier in the season of late and rest and rotation is required when you base much of your whole season on your Right and Left backs bombing up and down the pitch for 90 minutes

Montsma wasn't at his best today, something which the whole defence could be pointed out, but again a young defender still learning his trade, he's good

Your point 5 is just nonsense

Thought Edun played really well today before the mistake at the end, made good blocks, tried driving the team forward, mistake cost us but another lesson learnt. Funny really i'm normally one for shouting a lot at the match and at the Tv but today never got uptight too much about anything. We're struggling with injuries, young squad, starting to feel the pressure, yes even Rogers and Johnson even though they're not our players but i think about where the club is as a whole, how good we've been so far this season and even i can control my frustrations, please come on the forum and air your views but don't tear into the players they're doing they're best and need your support more than ever.