Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

I'll say again I don't like to see Johnson in midfield where he doesn't belong, we look susceptible when they are moving through that area with the ball.

That said, Johnson's marker is a walking red card now having had his warning. If he gets past him one more time that will be it.

After the first quarter of an hour we then had a 20 minute purple patch but couldn't find the final ball. It got sloppy right at the end of the half.

But a good performance, a good game and I wonder how long it will be before Plymouth's leading scorer comes on?

Edit: Unsurprisingly they substituted Fornah at half time

We can't ignore the first 15, but all I'll say is we have a real problem getting our post Bridcutt adjustment right when the opposition are on the front foot and it needs sorting; before I leave it there.

The remainder of the second half shows the players are not panicking and are much happier in possession when the opposition drop off although to a degree that would be expected.

Sort out the midfield and lack of concentration at times and we're not far off and just need a big second half to get right back on track.

Well well what does one say, pathetic first 20 mins, then finally turned uo and started playing some very good football. Final ball again our downfall. Moving Scully inside a great move. The biggest problem weve got is Grant. I put him at fault for both their goals, needs to tighten his passing up, and stop trying to play balls without looking.

I wouldn't say woeful ..... but poor in context to what is team is capable of.
Just like to say, my post was not meant as a dig at Jules, it was meant as a comment to anyone who comes in here demote/disengage any other fans opinion. we all support Lincoln City, have some maturity and respond with respect for each other

I think I would say even if we lose we’ll be up there. We’re all prone to overreaction after a goal (or two) but social media comments saying “season over” and the like are just appalling.

It’s not a Lincoln specific problem but people are so reactionary and over the top. It’s just awful to read and so unnecessary negative. Some people need to get a grip.
Sunderland & Donny both losing too .... there's going to be so many ups & downs.

We seriously need some midfield steel. Johnson is not the answer. Very good attacking player, not a central midfielder for me. The absence of Bridcutt becomes more noticeable with each game he isn't there.
We might still get something today. The next game definitely needs a midfield 3 re-think from the boss.

By the way don't forget to check into Vital tomorrow. I will be updating the Where will they finish comp for the end of Feb standings.