Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Dreadful start, again. You wonder how that can happen straight on the back of Tuesday. The best we've played in a while for a 20 minute period, got us back in touch. Still look like we can lose the ball in very dangerous areas. Grant is having one. Balls into the box from wide areas are appalling. Good news is they look very beatable.

Just keep our unbeaten run going - coming from 2 down would feel like a win and give us a bit of momentum for next week's fixtures. Just can't afford to concede another I don't think - manage that and anything's possible.

Just to follow this up. I've had a quick browse of the posts before mine. If you're going to jump on what you consider a negative post, do it to everyone, not just one poster.
Problem with you is you always criticize the team for not playing great
You never applaud them for playing well

We started poorly but have been the better side since. The ref today is poor. They should be down to 10 for 2 pushes on Brenna. Poole was been whacked by the same player twice - both were yellows, yet somehow hasn’t been booked.
Totally agree the lad who was cautioned should have received his first yellow when he kicked the ball away preventing us from taking a quick free kick which would have seen him off following his victimisation of Johnson and the subsequent yellow. . Poole caught twice .Persistent fouling and a yellow. Why was the Ref giving Poole a lecture ? . Very very poor .Drinking Bass at the moment .Pound a bottle at ASDA .Nectar.

Played well from 15 mins or so but cant afford starts like that. Grant having a serious off day, need to get him playing further forward.

Sense Johnson and Rogers are both one moment from something spectacular.

I do wonder if MA will bring on Jones or Sanders for Johnson. Brennan has made a couple of decent runs, but looks jaded. I'm sure a couple of times he's had his hands on his thighs whilst the ball has been out of play. Grant needs to be a bit further forward to influence the game more whilst not trying his little flicks too close to our own area

after the first 15 still on the coach, we were back to being very good. mcgrandles has been outstanding. plymouth were playing for half time from 35 minutes.

a couple of observations.
grant - unfortunately doesn't have the pace/mobility to secure the dcmf area. so there are gaps for them to run at our defence.
edun - infuriating again. the times he has had a simple pass on to our very dangerous left winger. he ignores the simple, and plays the difficult. twice played the ball straight out for a goal kick when we are in a great attacking position. his issue has always been decision making coupled with holding the ball too long. needs to learn full back... get your winger in the game as much as possible please.
we play the low cross every time, opposition know what's coming. play the occasional chipped cross to keep them guessing please.

hope we don't catch a cold again in the first 15 of the second half. then it should be very interesting. uti.

Played well from 15 mins or so but cant afford starts like that. Grant having a serious off day, need to get him playing further forward.

Sense Johnson and Rogers are both one moment from something spectacular.
Both have the ability for taking the ball at feet in the box which gives you something every time

I think I would say even if we lose we’ll be up there. We’re all prone to overreaction after a goal (or two) but social media comments saying “season over” and the like are just appalling.

It’s not a Lincoln specific problem but people are so reactionary and over the top. It’s just awful to read and so unnecessary negative. Some people need to get a grip.

After a terrible start and sounding like we're going to get a hammering we're firmly in it now and dare I say the better side.
All to play for in the second half.