Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

At the end of the season if they don’t get promoted it will be the Peterborough musical chairs and they will flog everyone and start again.

we can build nicely and have a good second session.

if we finish in our current position and get contracts extended I will be happy.

the only concern I have is why are we going to find the money for a league 1 standard forward? The posh spent a million of the Bristol City reject and he had to be taken off. The guy who scored the goal for them must be worth well over a million

Thanks for this afternoon. I'd better go 'cos it's rude to sit looking at my phone whilst visiting my mother.
See ya later. Up the Imps.

All a bit unfortunate... if O'Connor had not been shoved in the back, Pett wouldnt have been on the pitch to make the error. Morrell in there too would have made a big difference. Oh well. I thought Peterborough up until 75 mins mark were very average.

I was really encouraged by that performance. We more than matched Posh until a couple of key moments. OK, we lost but for me there were two reasons for that. First, when Toney cleaned up O’Connor, who up to then had dominated the midfield and not given Posh a sniff. In my view the Posh players had been instructed to stop O’Connor because Ferguson recognised he was the difference between the two sides. Not sure Toney quite intended to give O’Connor whiplash but he really clattered him in the back. Second, the substitution of Dembele - Eardley just couldn’t live with his pace and he provided the injection in Posh’s play which they needed.

Really??? Didn't seem like that following remotely.

For me, we battled, we were organised and we looked fairly solid. We didn't look threatening. The longer the game went on the more inevitable their goal was. We came close at the end with some long ball stuff but the better team won.

I'm not down on the team, the organisation and battling qualities will bring rewards in other games against weaker teams when our attacking players get a bit more of the ball and can get into more dangerous areas.

Today I just felt they had more quality (class) where it counted the most. That would be my definition of outclassed. In no way did I think we were terrible or even particularly poor. I think Peterborough are nailed on top six and we won't play teams as good as them every week.